And that is why I got the band

(((((((((((((((((((((Hugs Everyone))))))))))))))))))))))))

So...I had an aha moment. A non scale victory so to speak. I haven't pb'd in awhile. I'm not wired really tight. In fact, I debated on getting my first fill at all because I didn't want to pb.

Anywho, it's been awhile because I've been really chewing and eating small portions but tonight (all day actually) something had me off balance (studying for work to be honest) and I felt like I ate all day long.

Then after a glass of wine (which always causes me to eat...) I ended up making myself a plate of nachos. I started to eat unconciously and "tada"...I pb'd.

I thought to myself, "well...that's why I got the band." To stop the unconcious eating when I wasn't in the mood to stop myself. I did log every bite, liok and taste today and my total was 1608. More than I wanted but if I compared this day of what I'd consider binge eating to those I had before the band...I could easily hit 3000 without even trying.

:)

I've decided to call today a victory. I'm glad the band was there when I needed it the most.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this with one week to go, I am getting a bit anxious..and what do we want to do when anxious..you got it..eat!! Instead I took a shower and thought about all the things putting me on edge: They are..finishing my Master's and having to take stat in the middle of the surgery, having eye trouble, too much work, a kid getting ready to graduate college, oh yeah and surgery next week. I am glad to see there was a "ah ha" moment for you with the band..it gives me hope!

Then after a glass of wine (which always causes me to eat...) I ended up making myself a plate of nachos.

Aint that the truth?! Last night my husband and I had date night and he ordered a glass of wine. I took a sip then another and he told me to order my own glass (yah, he's like that). When we got dinner I sensibly packed up about 2/3s right off the bat and started eating what was left. I didn't finish and pushed my plate away and I drank less than 1/2 a glass but that was enough to loosen me up as I haven't drank in some time. I then started picking at what was left on my plate. When that was done I opened the box and started picking at the salmon inside. I ended up eating way more than I would have. I've always known how after I drink I stop caring about what I'm eating but last night I was counting on the band to stop me. BIG mistake. It's a tool without a mind. I also didn't like the buzz I got from the wine. Blech. No more. Lesson learned. Plus I have less energy today. So not worth it.

You guys are making me feel so blessed :wub: When I drink I have no desire for food. Last night I had a Mojito and it was sooooo good. I did not want anything to ruin that taste in my mouth. Tonight I think I am going for a martini dinner not sure yet.

Wow, interesting post's - I'm jealous and then not - to drink or not to drink? I love a good Mojito and who can tell me what an OCC Margarita is at the Lucerna..I guess I will just have to wait and see..I have had both experiences - drink and get brave - "hell yeah I can eat that and stop" just to fail...and then there are the times where one drink was enough and not much food..when I reflect upon it I think it has something to do with who your eating/drinking with..tonight I would have been at a party 5 days until banding and I know that wouldn't have been a good mix so here I am instead, not drinking or eating but learning from you guys instead..much better pay off!

Wow, interesting post's - I'm jealous and then not - to drink or not to drink? I love a good Mojito and who can tell me what an OCC Margarita is at the Lucerna..I guess I will just have to wait and see..I have had both experiences - drink and get brave - "hell yeah I can eat that and stop" just to fail...and then there are the times where one drink was enough and not much food..when I reflect upon it I think it has something to do with who your eating/drinking with..tonight I would have been at a party 5 days until banding and I know that wouldn't have been a good mix so here I am instead, not drinking or eating but learning from you guys instead..much better pay off!

Baby steps in the right direction is sometimes all we can do! Good job for making the tough decision... I have had to do that as well at times. :)

Well, I made it through the night and 5 days to B'day! I am starting to get nervous, and excited! I have been counting down and I cannot believe I am seeing the end of the road to a new one started!

weight.png

You know I think we really do need those reminders now and again. Today I tried to eat something for lunch and didn't PB, but it got stuck for sure. I remember the first time I PB'ed it was kind of nice to know that there was really something there. It's a great reminder.

For me with alcohol it depends. If i'm out w/ people it makes me want to eat more, but if i'm at home it makes me not eat. Last night I had some wine and next thing I knew it was time to go to bed so I didn't bother eating. Which probably wasn't the best idea but I didn't want to eat too late.