Port Pain

SandyHotBox

Had my surgery on March 29th, just wondering how long I should have pain/discomfort at the port incision?

I had mine March 18th and the discomfort at the port site is just now subsiding - I still can't bend all the way over,tying my shoes is an exercise in contortion, but other than that it's settled in nicely. You have a foreign object sewn in there, it's going to take awhile!

The port is placed in your muscle, so you may have pain for some time. As an example, I had my surgery on February 22 and just recently have felt like the pain may be gone. The pain wasn't constant, but it would hurt when I moved around in certain ways, lifted myself off the couch or out of bed, etc. It lasted a long time and I even asked Dr. Ortiz just to make sure it was normal. He told me as long as there is no swelling or discoloration, then it is all part of the healing process. You may still have swelling though since you are just recently out of surgery. But yes, port pain is normal for awhile.

Hi,

I had my surgery on the 26th and today is the first day I have felt pretty good..all pain is gone except the port area which has other's have mentioned can give me pain in certain positions and still can't bend...I also notice that certain pants will irritate it..luckily I am usually in scrubs...

I am 6 months out and the only time I have felt port pain is when i have been hiking moutains. I know it is using muscles that I am not used to so I will be aware of the port for a few minutes and then it dissappears.

Also had my surgery on March 29th....

I am still in pain but reading other comments, it does seem normal.

However, my biggest problem is under my big incision. Leaving the clinic, I had this mass of a half golf balls. They did band me in the hospital.

The day after my whole stomach was bruised. Well, that does go away slowly but I still have my half golf ball. Did not increase but did not decrease either.

I called Dr. So whom told me to band. I also called Dr. Ortiz. Both mentioned to use hot compresses. Which I do in the evening. I also continue to band during the day and does seem to help the pain..

Any of you encounter this????

• Like 1

I had the lap band done on April the 9th and have the same problem. Did yours every resolve. I have been using an ace wrap which helps but the golf ball size lump still remains. please email meat evacraigrn@comcast.net with any information. Thank you very much. Eva

Also had my surgery on March 29th....

I am still in pain but reading other comments, it does seem normal.

However, my biggest problem is under my big incision. Leaving the clinic, I had this mass of a half golf balls. They did band me in the hospital.

The day after my whole stomach was bruised. Well, that does go away slowly but I still have my half golf ball. Did not increase but did not decrease either.

I called Dr. So whom told me to band. I also called Dr. Ortiz. Both mentioned to use hot compresses. Which I do in the evening. I also continue to band during the day and does seem to help the pain..

Any of you encounter this????

Had my surgery on the 29th....

It will be a month on Monday. I still have my big lump and it is still tender but I do NOT have anymore the severe pain feeling as somebody is cutting me inside. So that is good.

I am walking 45 min. to 1 hour every day.

When I go have my first fill, I'll have Dr. Ortiz or Dr. Martinez checking it.

For now, It is a count down , 3 days left of liquid diet. However, I have not been hungry, just missing food.

I do have also 5 incisions instead of 3, Why? 4 small and a big one????/That is still puzzling me? Did ask but have not receive an answer yet???

Otherwise, I am on a good path of recovery and will start golfing this week-end.

Direct e-mail nbswissgolfer@yahoo.com

Nicole

It is my understanding that Dr. Ortiz always has 5 incisions. I have not heard of a single case of his that has 3. What information gave you the impression you would have 3?

Dear Angie,

Hope you are feeling well...

Thanks for pointing out the five incisions as I did review the video and yes you are right, it is correct. I must had in my mind another video I have seen on another website. Thanks for your help, my mystery is solved....

Nicole

Dear Angie,

Hope you are feeling well...

Thanks for pointing out the five incisions as I did review the video and yes you are right, it is correct. I must had in my mind another video I have seen on another website. Thanks for your help, my mystery is solved....

Nicole

Hi Nicole - I can see how easy it is or would be to get information blurred. I read, watched, talked, forumed ect about the surgery before I had it. I am well. Yesterday I had my all time best step day...meaning I wore my pedometer and walked over 11000 steps! Woo hoo! I thought I would feel it today, but I don't! Yay me!

How are you doing?