Fill cost?

I had my surgery at OCC and would like to know the cost of getting round-trip transportation for me and my wife to the OCC, from Mexicoach, and having my first fill performed.

Will it cost extra for transportation if I bring my wife?

Thanks!

I'm also wondering about my trip to TJ for my first fill. Has anyone taken the Amtrak to San Diego? And does it go all the way down to the border, where I could just walk across the border and catch a taxi? I LOVE this forum! I'm learning soooo much! Thanks to everyone!

I had my surgery at OCC and would like to know the cost of getting round-trip transportation for me and my wife to the OCC, from Mexicoach, and having my first fill performed.

Thanks!

As far I know they will charge for her. The OCC has a package for transportation and fill, Transportation, fill and hotel for one night. Doolittle has a post for going from the airport to the clinic via local bus and trolley line.

Thanks!

I emailed OCC. They said it's $199 for the transportation and fill. The transportation includes one companion, so it would be $199 for both you and your wife. The price for a hotel room plus fill is $279 (again this includes your spouse)...I hope this helps. I think the transportation is a good deal. My husband and I first thought about renting a car, but you still have to take a cab, pay for parking etc...plus the hassle of walking over the boarder twice!

so i've driven to san diego and parked at the mexicoach parking lot and taken the actual mexicoach (the red shuttle)$12 bucks round trip to mexico and back . it drops you off near the taxis and then the taxi cost 5bucks to take you to the occ for both of you. then when you want to go back... i've taken a taxi to REVOLUCION /7TH ... walked around a bit and at the pick up time... head back to the parkinglot... parking is like 8bucks... sooo...... that comes up to a total of 42 bucks or so... i also have driven to the OCC which is less scarier than it seems..

I'm also wondering about my trip to TJ for my first fill. Has anyone taken the Amtrak to San Diego? And does it go all the way down to the border, where I could just walk across the border and catch a taxi? I LOVE this forum! I'm learning soooo much! Thanks to everyone!

yes this forum was so helpful when i got my 1st fill. i've never taken the amtrak but i know they do drop you off where you can just walk and catch a taxi. there is a post where someone posted the amtrak directions with pictures and everything. if i find them, ill post the link to your comments

• 2 months later...

so i've driven to san diego and parked at the mexicoach parking lot and taken the actual mexicoach (the red shuttle)$12 bucks round trip to mexico and back . it drops you off near the taxis and then the taxi cost 5bucks to take you to the occ for both of you. then when you want to go back... i've taken a taxi to REVOLUCION /7TH ... walked around a bit and at the pick up time... head back to the parkinglot... parking is like 8bucks... sooo...... that comes up to a total of 42 bucks or so... i also have driven to the OCC which is less scarier than it seems..

I would also like to be able to just drive myself over the boarder. Any special considerations I need to keep in mind? Do they let Americans just drive over into TJ? The clinic was literally just down the road from the boarder, but I must say they drive a bit wild here!

Thanks in advance for the advice, Erin

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to be able to just drive myself over the boarder. Any special considerations I need to keep in mind? Do they let Americans just drive over into TJ? The clinic was literally just down the road from the boarder, but I must say they drive a bit wild here!

Thanks in advance for the advice, Erin

CHECK WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY AND HAVE YOUR PASSPORT WITH YOU :)

CHECK WITH YOUR INSURANCE COMPANY AND HAVE YOUR PASSPORT WITH YOU :)

AND be aware that IF your vehicle is stolen, the police will do NOTHING to help. I had a friend have their truck stolen out of the TJ hospital parking lot and when she went to the police they drove her by the compound where her truck was but said there was nothing they could do to help. Just saying.