Has my band expired or something?

dreamhappy07

I was banded 3 yrs ago May 21st, 2007 and have lost 105 lbs. Much closer to goal weight, but not there still yet. I am happy with how far I have come even though it has been slow going.

I needed to come back to the forum and post my concerns about having some sharp pain around my port area. I can feel my port very well and haven't had a fill since around this time last year. I haven't ever heard of anyone having the band for more than 3 yrs., so there is my concern. I started thinking and wondering if it's possible that this may be the expiration date for the band or something. I couldn't even take a complete deep breath at times without having that sharp pain in my port area of my abdomen. I hope someone can tell what it might be. I have heard of some people's bands flipping and have to be put back in it's place and secured. I have never vomited once since having the band and really don't want to lose it now.

Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions you can give me to ease my mind. :)

Judy

Hi Judy! Congrats on your success with the band! I always enjoy success stories. I don't believe the band expires. I do know there can be other complications, but the band is good to go.

Is it possible your port is closer to the surface after loosing a good layer of tissue and fat? Do you think it is sticking out more and you could be bumping it or rubbing it on counters and such?

Who is your fill Dr? Do they use floro for fills? Maybe you could schedule an apt to visit with them about your sensitivity. It's always good to check things out from time to time. Maybe it is time for a band check up?

Hi Judy! Congrats on your success with the band! I always enjoy success stories. I don't believe the band expires. I do know there can be other complications, but the band is good to go.

Is it possible your port is closer to the surface after loosing a good layer of tissue and fat? Do you think it is sticking out more and you could be bumping it or rubbing it on counters and such?

Who is your fill Dr? Do they use floro for fills? Maybe you could schedule an apt to visit with them about your sensitivity. It's always good to check things out from time to time. Maybe it is time for a band check up?

Thank you for your replies. I have never had a fill with floro and have had good restriction without any problems. I have never thrown up from food getting stuck or bad things like that. I have a local fill doctor that I have seen 3 or 4 times for a fill in the last 3 yrs. and am really happy about how things have gone until now. I cannot figure out that pain. Maybe a gas bubble that is sitting there or something else, but yes, I really should get a complete band checkup with floro for sure.

I will keep in touch and let you know what else is happening with me and my band. :)

Judy

I also have had my band for 3 years. I have had absolutely no problems at all with the band or the port. I do however know that I can feel it much better since the weight loss and if I mess with it too much it can get a bit sore but other than that, nothing. Get things checked out just to be safe. Good luck to you and I hope all is well with your band and your port.