OCTOBER SURGERIES AND FILLS

My best friend is getting it done on the 8th. She flies in on the 7th at 8pm. Anyone else being picked up at that time? She's hoping here will be more people in the van.

I flew in on the evening of 10/7 and had my surgery on 10/8. I went shopping on 10/9, siteseeing on 10/10 and back home. Went to work the morning of 10/11. Can't say I feel 100% but I have felt worse.

• 2 weeks later...

My bags are all packed and I am set to head out tomorrow morning. I am so excited to meet the staff and to start my new lifestyle. Wish me luck and send great skinny liver thoughts!

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I had my surgery October 14/15 and was looking to see if anyone was around that was there at the same time. I just got my first fill (5.5) on December 3 and their was a few people there that I remember. I just would like to see how everyone was doing? Give updates please.

I haven't done too well as far as losing weight. I'm only down about 8lbs since surgery, but my first fill was fantastic. I have great restriction!

Kari

I was banded a week later. I am losing about a pound a week now. I am excited that I am getting my first fill on saturday and I hope that it helps with restriction and not being hungry as often. The biggest thing I have noticed is how little I "listened" to my body before the surgery. I am so paranoid of messing up my shot at being healthy that I actually stop eating when I am satisfied instead of when I am so full it hurts. I have only BP'd one time and I am proud of that and it was just as Dr Miranda said it would happen too...when I was eating and doing something else at the same time. Wow, the pain alone was enough to teach me to keep slowing it down. I am down 35 pounds but 28 of that was before the surgery. I actually gained wait on the creamy phase but as soon as I switched over to the real food I started losing weight again. It was really weird. I thought that I would lose weight while on the liquids but I guess we are all different.