Port relocted at OCC last night

First I will say that I am very sensite to pain meds so my visoin is blurry and I feel like I'm drunk typing. There were EIGHT surgeries before me (6 bands and 2 sleevs which Dr O alos does now) and it made me nevrous being last but Dr. Martinez seemed alert and very happy to see me in person since I call his call phone quite often qith questions-especially with all my port pain lately. It was realy sticking out and felt like it was runnding my ribs so they moved it and so far, so good

I slept on my left side for the first-time in 18 months. In the exam I was told the band is in the perfect place and is showing no sighs of stretching so I was relieved. It was just my port after all!!! Again, the staff here is awesome. I wouldn't let any friends looking for WLS go anywhere else. If only the'd open a Plasctic Surgery wing, I'd be on the next plane! I also got a fill under fluro so I'm back up 1.8 cc's and hopefully I can stay at that level for a long time. Good luck to all the newbies I met in th lobby. It made my day that a couple people thought I was waitig for someone and not a patient cause I was too skinny. haha. I still see myself so big.

Sabrina:)

So weird!

I just had this conversation with my boyfriend last night, about probably needing to get my port replaced deeper ...

It rubs against my ribs most of the time, and it's getting annoying.

It feels like I'm sleeping on a rock :unsure:

Keep me posted with your recovery!

Hello Valley Girl, very funny thinking about you typing away under chemical sedation! You were quite coherent! Hope this all works out for you. My question is, did you have to pay for the fix or was it a no charge fix covered by the initial surgery? Good luck to you!

No, not icluded. The price recently went up from $695 to #1395 plus hotsl and transpotaion. I stayed at the clinc since I didn't want to pay for hotel two nights. Buying bus transoptation is very convenient for me so I Paid $130 usd for that. They gave me the new lower-profile port! NO golf ball bump under my boobs now!

No, not icluded. The price recently went up from $695 to #1395 plus hotsl and transpotaion. I stayed at the clinc since I didn't want to pay for hotel two nights. Buying bus transoptation is very convenient for me so I Paid $130 usd for that. They gave me the new lower-profile port! NO golf ball bump under my boobs now!

Way to go Sabarina. I am sure you will be so much happier now that the port is moved and you are sleeping well

So glad that was the problem and that it has now been fixed. I would so love to have my port relocated b/c it seems to either hit everything or everything hits it.

Anyone want a couple of kittens as they are 100% accurate at landing on it every time they jump up on me?

I question how much the pain can really be prevented, if your body fat is low.

There's nothing there for it to be covered under.

I can see my abs, so I'm thinking ... unless they put it under muscle (which I don't think they can), it will be something I'll have to live with?

Awww, thank you. It has been hard work. I am having a problem right now trying to determine my goal weight. It is so hard. One dr tells me one thing and another tells me something else. This is so difficult! I also have a big problem being that I do not see myself as I really am. I often have the same mindset as an Anorexic. I feel as if I look like my before photo all the time. I guess taking pics and looking in the mirror help, but not completely.

Are you at Dr Miranda's goal weight yet?

I totally hear you about perception... Ive lost 45lbs in the last four months and people are really noticing. but i feel like i take up the exact same amount of space, i still feel just as fat with just as big a gut as before. I saw a pic of my taken exactly one year ago and I swear, it looks the exact same. Im taking measurements, I see the scale, and I see how my old pants wont stay on any more... But yet I cant see me as a thinner me in the mirror. Its wierd. I literally feel like i look exactly the same. I know others on this board have felt this way too. Bizarre.

I think thats why it important to have 'before' pix, take measurements.. all tht. I cant refute the fact that Ive lost all this weight, even if i dont feel thinner or even remotely thin. Maybe someday it'll just hit me. Im still 35 lbs from my goal. Seems like a hell of a ways away.

Regardless, let me tell you, you look amazing! i am so jealous and proud of you :) you and sabrina are my two role models. hope i dont follow suit and need a port reloc; i think in that case ill consider switching to the sleeve.

How much have you lost??

I can definitely see the difference when I look in the mirror or take pictures and also can feel it a lot. I have gone down quite a bit in clothing sizes. I started at an XL and now wear a small to medium on top and dresses, depending on how it was made. I have lost 80 lbs, so I am 2 lbs away from her goal. I want to be anywhere from 135-her goal, but it is just so hard determining when and where to stop. A lot of people tell me to stop where I am now and to not get too skinny. I have been smaller before, but for only about a year. I am just soooo confused. Thanks a lot for your compliments. They mean A LOT to me!

I think Dr Miranda's goal weights basically put us at the top of the "normal" weight range, not sure why she does it that way. Regardless, how tall are you? Where are you at BMI-wise?

If I were you, I would let your body decide where to stop. Do exercise that is enjoyable and not specifically for weight loss, ie hiking on a beautiful day, taking the dog for a run, instead of boot-camp training. Do stuff that you enjoy and can be sure youll continue to do while in maintenance, but continue to watch your eating. See where it leads you. Basically, I'd see where moderate exercise and health-conscious eating leads you. if you stay the same weight, then call it your goal weight. If you continue to lose, then see where you end up. Stop where it feels good and you can maintain.

My sister doesnt want me to get too skinny she thinks ill turn into an 'evil skinny beeyotch' hahahaha im like trust me, i will never be that "skinny" just a thinner version of me~

Awww, thank you. It has been hard work. I am having a problem right now trying to determine my goal weight. It is so hard. One dr tells me one thing and another tells me something else. This is so difficult! I also have a big problem being that I do not see myself as I really am. I often have the same mindset as an Anorexic. I feel as if I look like my before photo all the time. I guess taking pics and looking in the mirror help, but not completely.

Don't pick a goal weight, pick a goal size. Determine what size you feel comfortable in and what size people say you look great at and go for it. I thought I would get down to 142, but being a size 10 at 160 is perfectly fine with me. That is half the size I used to be. If I went down to an 8 I would look sick and I don't want that. Besides, having been heavy our bones add extra bulk to carry us around and that also adds extra weight to us, especially those who have been fat all of their lives - like me.

I question how much the pain can really be prevented, if your body fat is low.

There's nothing there for it to be covered under.

I can see my abs, so I'm thinking ... unless they put it under muscle (which I don't think they can), it will be something I'll have to live with?

I'm not sure where your port is at currently, but mine is about 1/2 and inch to the right of my belly button and about 1/2 an inch above it, which is really in the way. My doctor was looking at putting it right under my sternum and bra line. There is a soft pad of tissue there that he would have put it under if I had had the money to pay for that procedure. Maybe some day I will add that scar to my expensive little body.

I'm not sure where your port is at currently, but mine is about 1/2 and inch to the right of my belly button and about 1/2 an inch above it, which is really in the way. My doctor was looking at putting it right under my sternum and bra line. There is a soft pad of tissue there that he would have put it under if I had had the money to pay for that procedure. Maybe some day I will add that scar to my expensive little body.

I know people that have gotten it placed under the bra line, and it causes incredible discomfort. Don't so it!

I know I have nothing under there now, that my bodyfat is low. I can feel bone.

Dr O put my port on lower left side, so it rubs against my ribs basically every time I move.

I also know people that have had it placed on the hip, which is another very bony spot, once your BF goes down.

Always love the post op posts!! :) I remember mine was quite groggy too!!

Glad it all went well and I hope you get some relief - I can feel mine, but luckily it isn't too painful unless i'm cleaning the tub or something like that.

FYI- for anyone else considering relocating their port- recovery from this surgery is harder than the recovery after getting the lap-band. I had it moved MOnday night, flew home Tuesday night, have been caring for my two kids and my niece and nephew (3,5,6,7 year-olds) all week and, boy, I think I have over-done it. My tummy is black and blue....I look like I've been man-handled pretty good and I am EXHAUSTED. Again, this might be because I am so sensitive to pain meds and going under (was under more than an hour) but I'm thrilled with the result. I can't see or feel my port. In fact, I don't know if blind fills will be possible anymore because there is no way of knowing where the port is. It is much deeper and much smaller than the old one. Dr. Martinez insists my local fill doc will be able to find it. We'll see. Back to work Sunday, let's hope I feel better by then.

Have a great weekend everyone!

I can definitely see the difference when I look in the mirror or take pictures and also can feel it a lot. I have gone down quite a bit in clothing sizes. I started at an XL and now wear a small to medium on top and dresses, depending on how it was made. I have lost 80 lbs, so I am 2 lbs away from her goal. I want to be anywhere from 135-her goal, but it is just so hard determining when and where to stop. A lot of people tell me to stop where I am now and to not get too skinny. I have been smaller before, but for only about a year. I am just soooo confused. Thanks a lot for your compliments. They mean A LOT to me!

Take is from a complete stranger- YOU LOOK FANTASTIC.

• 1 month later...