Im new PLEASE HELP !!

I was banded 7/2/2010. Things had been going great, Ive lost 22 pounds and feeling good. I blew it tonight, I am soooo mad and disappointed with myself. I completely LOST control and started eating everything in sight. I ate mac a roni and cheese. / I ate half of a cheeseburger patty / then even though i felt full, I ate 2 bites of a polish dog and bun. I dont think i have hardly any restriction ( althoughim not even sure I know what restriction is yet ). I ate the food and didnt vomit or have an PB. I couldnt control myself and am paying fot it now. I feel so bloated, and my stomach hurts, and I have gas. I feel like a failure, I have done so well until now. Im worried i stretched my pouch or that the band is not going to be able to help me........ PLEASE HELP SOMEONE.

I was banded 7/2/2010. Things had been going great, Ive lost 22 pounds and feeling good. I blew it tonight, I am soooo mad and disappointed with myself. I completely LOST control and started eating everything in sight. I ate mac a roni and cheese. / I ate half of a cheeseburger patty / then even though i felt full, I ate 2 bites of a polish dog and bun. I dont think i have hardly any restriction ( althoughim not even sure I know what restriction is yet ). I ate the food and didnt vomit or have an PB. I couldnt control myself and am paying fot it now. I feel so bloated, and my stomach hurts, and I have gas. I feel like a failure, I have done so well until now. Im worried i stretched my pouch or that the band is not going to be able to help me........ PLEASE HELP SOMEONE.

Just get back on the horse and learn from this. Alot of us have been emotional eaters and food addicts so you need to learn how to deal with those emotions. When I want to eat I exercise instead and it passes or I drink water and it passes or I review my journal and it helps . You need to find out what you can do to replace those urges. You must be extrememly careful with the band ....you do not want to stretch your pouch and that is a valid concern. Walk it off tonight , gas strips, water and start right now , this minute following the rules set out by Dr Ortiz. The band is a tool to help you make good decisions and control your eating however it is just a tool , you must do the work.

Hang in there and start fresh right now. YOU CAN DO IT

Debbie

Just get back on the horse and learn from this. Alot of us have been emotional eaters and food addicts so you need to learn how to deal with those emotions. When I want to eat I exercise instead and it passes or I drink water and it passes or I review my journal and it helps . You need to find out what you can do to replace those urges. You must be extrememly careful with the band ....you do not want to stretch your pouch and that is a valid concern. Walk it off tonight , gas strips, water and start right now , this minute following the rules set out by Dr Ortiz. The band is a tool to help you make good decisions and control your eating however it is just a tool , you must do the work.

Hang in there and start fresh right now. YOU CAN DO IT

Debbie

Thank you so much Debbie for the support. I dont know what happened, i just lost control. I have done so well and not had this problem until now. will this get any easier once I get my first fill ?

Thank you so much Debbie for the support. I dont know what happened, i just lost control. I have done so well and not had this problem until now. will this get any easier once I get my first fill ?

I have never had a fill so cannot answer that question for you. I have been very lucky that I feel restriction without a fill and with just following the rules . I am sure there are others who will respond to your post and be able to answer your questions on fills.

just hang in there okay

Debbie

I have done the same (binge) on a few occasions since being banded and my pouch has never stretched; however, I have seen many, many, many people end up with stretched pouches and slipped bands so I consider myself very lucky. Don't beat yourself up (if we all had great self-control none one of us would be banded) just beware that there can be serious consequences and keep telling yourself that before putting that food in your mouth. Just like sleeping with an ex you know is bad for you, it can take a while to "break-up" with food too!!! Eventually you'll get over them/it....especially once you see how much better your life is without them/it, haha! Hang in there!

Sabrina:)

I have done the same (binge) on a few occasions since being banded and my pouch has never stretched; however, I have seen many, many, many people end up with stretched pouches and slipped bands so I consider myself very lucky. Don't beat yourself up (if we all had great self-control none one of us would be banded) just beware that there can be serious consequences and keep telling yourself that before putting that food in your mouth. Just like sleeping with an ex you know is bad for you, it can take a while to "break-up" with food too!!! Eventually you'll get over them/it....especially once you see how much better your life is without them/it, haha! Hang in there!

Great response! So so funny! All good humor must contain some truth--you've really stated a mouthful!! (Pun intended--haha) :)

Good Reply Sabrina... I am still laughing.... It is sure hard to "break up" with food....

auggie1959,

You may not have restriction as of yet. Don't be hard on yourself, and Debbie is right, get back on the horse and learn from mistakes. This process with the band can be so hard. Tomorrow is a new day and make a pledge to start fresh. :)

I realized you posted this a few days ago. How was the last couple of days?

Hugs,

Kristi

Sabrina, LOL you crack me up. hugs to you.

Hey Auggie, I've done it, I'm not saying I won't do it again. I think most of us have done it at one time or another. Just let it go get back to eating what you should. The next time you want to eat like that again go for a walk.

Kelly C.

((((((((((((((((((Hugs Auggie)))))))))))))))))))

Firstly congratulations on your 22 lb loss! Hang in there, don't be too hard on yourself for feeling you over did it. Stay positive. You are going to do great because you know how to ask for help. That takes courage. I hope you're feeling better hun.

xo