Post Op 4+ hrs!!

So I am 4+ hours post op and have to admit at this point I am feeling great!! The staff at OCC are awesome!! Everyone here is very friendly, happy, and helpful.... From the moment I got on the van to come here everything has run so smoothly. I felt no pain with anything up till surgery, and the pain at this point is minimal. It feels like you have a gas bubble right in the middle of your gut and radiates between your shoulder blades. For those of you that have had gall bladder problems, I would compare it to a mild gall bladder pain.

Afterwards you get water, capri sun, and lots of popcicles...and all of those have never tasted so good! lol

My incisions feel like a sunburn. There are 5 of us here right now which is nice, everyone just kinda hangs out, walks and chit chats....

ooohhhhh yummy, my sweet nurse Josephine just brought me some broth! Happy Dance :lol:

ok yall gonna go for now, just wanted to give you my first take for those of you waiting to be banded!! Angela

(((((((((((((((((((Hugs Angela)))))))))))))))))

Welcome to the world of us Banditos. I'm so pleased to hear you're feeling well and that you are feeling good. Tomorrow you'll get low sodium chicken broth for breakfast.

I remember my favorite nurse. Maybe she was 4'10...she was tiny. She came into my room at 9 pm after the surgery and smile. "I sleep. You sleep." She said as she put a sleeping pill under my tounge.

:)

I can't wait to hear more about your progress.

So I am 4+ hours post op and have to admit at this point I am feeling great!! The staff at OCC are awesome!! Everyone here is very friendly, happy, and helpful.... From the moment I got on the van to come here everything has run so smoothly. I felt no pain with anything up till surgery, and the pain at this point is minimal. It feels like you have a gas bubble right in the middle of your gut and radiates between your shoulder blades. For those of you that have had gall bladder problems, I would compare it to a mild gall bladder pain.

Afterwards you get water, capri sun, and lots of popcicles...and all of those have never tasted so good! lol

My incisions feel like a sunburn. There are 5 of us here right now which is nice, everyone just kinda hangs out, walks and chit chats....

ooohhhhh yummy, my sweet nurse Josephine just brought me some broth! Happy Dance :lol:

ok yall gonna go for now, just wanted to give you my first take for those of you waiting to be banded!! Angela

Hugs from Washington, awesome journey you are embarking on. Keep up the wonderful work and faith.

Congrats!! I was just banded 6 days ago and had the same positive experiences. All of us getting banded that day were all so nervous as we hopped in the van that early Monday morning and as we rode up that deep, steel elevator. As the day went on and we each had our pre-op tests performed our nerves were lessened. One by one they would take one of us away for surgery...before you know it, I was sipping my Capri Sun drink. My advice ( from my vast 6 days of experience :) ) is be prepared for more pain on Day 2-3 and more hunger on Day 4-6ish...I didn't feel any hunger until then...I had to start the Liquid Yogurt at day 4 due to pretty intense mental fogginess and diorentation but since starting that, no problems. Good luck...I on this journey with you.

Congrats!! I was just banded 6 days ago and had the same positive experiences. All of us getting banded that day were all so nervous as we hopped in the van that early Monday morning and as we rode up that deep, steel elevator. As the day went on and we each had our pre-op tests performed our nerves were lessened. One by one they would take one of us away for surgery...before you know it, I was sipping my Capri Sun drink. My advice ( from my vast 6 days of experience :) ) is be prepared for more pain on Day 2-3 and more hunger on Day 4-6ish...I didn't feel any hunger until then...I had to start the Liquid Yogurt at day 4 due to pretty intense mental fogginess and diorentation but since starting that, no problems. Good luck...I on this journey with you.

Congrats Angela,

Hang in there with the clear liquids.

You can use the Gas X strips if that shoulder pain does not go away. I only got 4 pain pills to take home from the OCC and after the hour van ride to a different border crossing over bad roads with many bumps and having to bag drag my suitcase a block and a half down the street to meet the van we were all in severe pain. After my last fill I insisted that they go to the border crossing that was right in downtown TJ not the other one... It scared us all to death. If you are still in pain some people go to the pharmacy to get more pain pills for at home. I also felt more pain on days 3-5 if I bent over too much.

Hey Angela. We had the surgery together. Good luck and keep in touch.

Hope you are doing well!!! All is well here in MO. Just a little discomfort where the port is, but I think that is to be expected!!....Today is my b-day...no cake for me!!! Ill have a bday broth instead..lol