What is sliming? Help lack of info!

Sliming and all the other nasty things people are talking about! Nobody has told me about these topics how do I find everything I may experience or what should be expected. I was banded at the OCC on 7-28-10. I guess I am really in the dark on what to expect. I wasnt even told about a solid foods diet. I didnt even know about eating protein first? How do I get all of the information I will need to be successfull with this band?

Sliming and all the other nasty things people are talking about! Nobody has told me about these topics how do I find everything I may experience or what should be expected. I was banded at the OCC on 7-28-10. I guess I am really in the dark on what to expect. I wasnt even told about a solid foods diet. I didnt even know about eating protein first? How do I get all of the information I will need to be successfull with this band?

Hey, I was banded on the 28th too!!! This is Cheryl, who is this? Heck if I know what sliming is!! I just learned what a PB is. (Productive Burp is a polite way of saying throwing up in your mouth!) :unsure:

Angela is that you? :wub:

Well you will learn by reading the posts and stuff. that's how i learned about most of these things, i also go back to the OCC for my fills and Dr. So already knows i have tons of questions.

Sliming to me is when you eat something and you have to spit up a little bit. When you spit it's REALLY slimy. Well that's what i think. The forum is where i learned a lot, if you have a question, just post it...and everyone is always very helpful. Congratz on your band!

sliming is when you eat something and it doesn't go down through your band to your stomach. you can have sliming when you've either eaten too fast, too big of bites, or if your band is too tight. I just went through about 5 days of sliming and pb'ing because my band was too tight. Anyway - after you eat or drink it takes about 15 minutes to feel that sensation and your mouth starts watering and clear slimy spit starts producing in your mouth. I guess it's your bodies way of trying to get whatever is stuck - unstuck.

So because you have the band there is little luck in getting things unstuck and things going down, so if you relax your esophagus and allow whatever is stuck to just kind of slide back up - like you're throwing up without the convulsions. It's definitely gross,and not a fun feeling. Although you generally don't have the bile that you would have if it was a normal "throw up" session - it tends to be just the food or drink that you've had that weren't able to go down.

Trust me when you experience this, you'll know why it's so easy to stay away from the foods you don't want to eat because it's not a good feeling, and it is kind of draining.

B2010,

Thank you so much for that thorough explanation! I had no idea! It sounds horrible though and I am not looking forward to ever experiencing that. I feel terrible that you did for 5 days because your band was too tight. I hope your band is better now. : )

Yeah it isn't fun, but it is a part of the band. You try though to do it as few times as possible. It is like the band covers the food with this nasty slime to get it back out of you. I never understood it until the first time it happened to me, but I went straight to PB I rarely slime mine is usually full on PB. Everyone is different though.

hi angela how are tou feeling? ive had issues will call u hope all is well were back to work