STUCK

hello all. sunday i was grazing (go figure) and got stuck on a piece of carnitas. i guess i just wasnt chewing well enough. i went and lay down for a few minutes while it tried to work its way down. uncomfortable, but no sliming or PBing. Ive never PB'd (ok once bc i stuck my finger down my throat in desperation to get something out). anyway, i left off eating for a while but did have a regular dinner.

last night i made pork chops and salad, cut kid size bites, chewed well, etc. but i noticed that later i got that familiar pill-stuck-in-back of throat feeling. i had some tea and went to bed. it was still there when i woke up this morning. i had quiche for breakfast and four hours later, still have the pill feeling.

do you think i inflamed my "mucuosa" as dr so would say? that happened after my 2nd fill and the only clincher was doing liquids for a few days. i know many do 24 hours of liquids after a PB episode; would u recommend the same after a stuck episode? i dont wanna push my band or pouch (but i hate doing liquids!).

thanks for advice ~ xoxoxo

i was hoping you'd reply angie :D thanx!

yeah i tend to agree, i lay there a good ten minutes feeling my insides struggling and wrestling w this piece of meat, i guess i shouldnt be surprised at the irritation feeling im having now. i always have a can of soup in my desk, i guess its amy's organic tomato bisque for lunch today ~

do u think 24 hours of liq. might be enough? or should i shoot for 48 hours?

i was hoping you'd reply angie biggrin.gif thanx!

yeah i tend to agree, i lay there a good ten minutes feeling my insides struggling and wrestling w this piece of meat, i guess i shouldnt be surprised at the irritation feeling im having now. i always have a can of soup in my desk, i guess its amy's organic tomato bisque for lunch today ~

do u think 24 hours of liq. might be enough? or should i shoot for 48 hours?

48 hrs wouldn't be a bad idea. If you want to test the waters, I would do 24 for sure and then soft proteins to see how the swelling is. Otherwise give the tummy time to settle down. I am very weary of swelling.....for some reason I connect it to issues down the road. Which I have no idea if there is a connection with or not. Anyway. baby that band!

hello--

I would not like having that stuck feeling, esp after sleeping. I notice that after I eat to much or get the PBing issue if I walk around I can feel the food moving through and giving me that relief I am so looking for. I would not lie down...I think that would slow the process of digestion. I would walk around until you felt better.

Also you could have scratched or inflammed your esphagus. I think a day of liquids would do your body good. Then start slowly and see how you feel.

Good luck..

Kim :wub:

thanks. i did liquids all day wed and thrs except for dinner where I ate mushies, only bc i was absolutely starving! how the hell did i manage 21 days of liquids?! i was dying after one day! today im starving and still feel a tiny twinge of the pill-in-throat feeling. im going to eat a solid breakfast and hope it helps.

work has been incredibly stressful this week, leaving me feeling irritable and unrested, morose. and ive gained one pound in the past week as well. im so damn frustrated. is it possible all this frustration and stress is making things worse with my band?

This is my opinion....and you know what they say about opinions......LOL At any rate. If you still have the feeling in your throat no matter howsmall, I would stick to liquids or mushies at the very least. From what I understand from the information you have shared, you are now at a level of restriction that is in the "don't mess around zone." Swelling and inflimation our enemies to us banders. Take good care of your band. Don't push it with a solid meal. Let all the swelling go down and then begin again. That is my two cents. Hope it helps.

thanks. i did liquids all day wed and thrs except for dinner where I ate mushies, only bc i was absolutely starving! how the hell did i manage 21 days of liquids?! i was dying after one day! today im starving and still feel a tiny twinge of the pill-in-throat feeling. im going to eat a solid breakfast and hope it helps.

work has been incredibly stressful this week, leaving me feeling irritable and unrested, morose. and ive gained one pound in the past week as well. im so damn frustrated. is it possible all this frustration and stress is making things worse with my band?

I was just banded on the 4th and have had this feeling ever since.

I also get like little spasims in my throat, not painful but annoying and weird feeling.

I figure it will go away after a few days...right?

I think I am going to get some gasX today and see if that helps.

I also dont feeling hungry so much as just empty, does that make sense?

damalove you CAN get protein from liquids. There are many protein shakes out there and also there is protein water. I drink Isopure Protein Water purchased at GNC.

Erin, That empty feeling in your stomach does make sense. I felt it too. Dr. Ortiz says the Gas X does nothing. I asked Carolyn about it, however many swear by it. I tried it and it did nothing.

Erin it will go away. Thats why you're on 21 days of liquids :) to allow everything a good chance to begin to heal and inflammation to go down, et cetera. I didnt get the pill feeling until after my 2nd fill, but it doesnt surprise me that youre having it now. Be very careful about sticking to liquids for your full 21 days.

Maui of course i know there are protein drinks but they are not filling. only first thing in the morning, at best.

protein water tastes gross to me. dont like the fake sugar taste.

hi sabrina, how are you doing since port revision? feeling back to normal yet? hope youre doing well ~ cottage cheese has been my friend this weekend, that and a protein drink for brekkie and pureed chicken-and-white-bean chili for dinner. ive been sipping here and there on soymilk too. im back on solids today and feeling okay.

hi sabrina, how are you doing since port revision? feeling back to normal yet? hope youre doing well ~ cottage cheese has been my friend this weekend, that and a protein drink for brekkie and pureed chicken-and-white-bean chili for dinner. ive been sipping here and there on soymilk too. im back on solids today and feeling okay.

Glad to hear your swelling is down and you are getting back to normal. biggrin.gif

thanks angie! did u have ur next fill yet?

Nope, they called Friday and canceled on me. Nice.....can you detect a bit of mad.gif ..... needless to say, I am becoming more dissappointed and upset. I understand the world doesn't revolve around me, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Over all, I wish they would be more understanding. They make a mistake and I feel like they are doing very little to show they care much. I was pretty upset over the phone conversation I had with the RN Case manager on Friday. It was unpleasant to say the least.

I go into more detail, but that would have to be a phone conversation.....just to much typing involved. I am focusing on be more zen over the subject, but to be honest I feel more crazy white bitch about it at the moment.

My "new" appointment will be the 16th at 1:15. Which is a overbooked day so I will be setting at the hospital ALL AFTERNOON. I know in my heart I need to be appreciative but I really have a hard time saying in that mindset.

Thanks for asking.

Wow, bummer! I would be upset too. I think you're doing as good a job as possible at being zen. I'd be crazy mexican bitch for sure! but we all know how far that would get me haha aka kicked out of the office and angrily searching for airfare to tijuana. no bueno!

in the meanwhile, another week to wait for your fill. hang in there...

when i get into that crazy irritated type funk i have to take a sec to think of someone/something non food/band/weight related to help me find my zen spot. for me, i recall when my dog was a puppy and she'd wake me up in the mornings by licking my ears. it elicits an instant smile, no matter what. i bet for you it might have more to do with your little one or ur hubby ;)

as far as the long wait, get a really good book to read and that should help pass time in the waiting room monday. im loving the book im reading right now but dont have much time to read.

i know all these frustrations w ur fill center are irritating but at least you didnt hafta fly back to san diego! i wish i had viable options within an hour of me. there are a few places, but they charge $450 per fill and dont all use fluoro and i cant be sure if i can trust them as no one i know has used them.

anyway ok now im done rambling. hang in there and just keep on top of your eating as best you can in the meanwhile. think zen thoughts!

and keep us/me posted ~