Band fills pending

The economy has hit us and hubby is now getting less hours and I am getting furlows. It has been a long time since our fills, I know we are due. My scale says I have not gained but I feel fat!! Should I say it again F. A. T. Fat. My belly feels like it is now hanging. I am embarrassed. I dont know if my body is just changing or what is going on but if I have not gained then why do I feel this way? I need a fill. The fills for me cost $170.00. We are behind on our bills. Not really behind, they are just due. Everything got paid last month and I was thankful but no money for fill. Hubby and I both need one and it is not fair for one of us to get one and the other not. I am not sure what to do. My friend did weight watchers and he came over to me the other day and let me know that he has lost 75 pounds. He looks great. Here I am, I spent all this money and I have lost 45 pounds. In Sept it will have been two years. Have I failed? I can't even afford to go back to my pole dancing class and that is what was really taking the weight off, along with my fills. Does anyone have any advise? What do you do to get the money for your fills? Should I just not pay my credit cards and just go get it done and not worry about my credit? There has got to be an answer somewhere..

Can you call the doctor where you get your fills and explain your situation? Maybe they can help you or offer a discount or work out a payment arrangement. I personally, don't think you should ruin your credit by not making the payments to get your fill. Could a relative help out or what about having a garage sale to earn money toward it?

Stormy--

Can I ask that are you feeling fat because perhaps you are depressed...Your current situation would make me depressed. You place the blame on not getting a fill, but what are you doing to make yourself feel better?

May I put my nurse hat on and suggest:

Increase your endorphines....Walk, move your body to get those feel good feelings going...This will perhaps increase your metabolism, make you feel fuller and make your mental head feel better about your situation...

Not getting a fill is not a life and death matter. Be thankful you are alble to have the band, have the knowledge to help yourself get though this tough time. Do I think it sucks that you can't get a fill, sure I do...But hold tight, do what right, and in time things will turn around!

Maybe we can all send you 5 bucks...lol

Kim :wub:

Stormy - I am with Kim, sounds like you are depressed. Take a moment and re-read your post. You have a base level of restriciton. Work with it and work that band. Dig in and start digging out! A fill will not fix what is wrong/broke. If times are tough - wait it out.

Girl I know you are aware of you tube vids. Watch some of those gals and do there routine in lue of going to class. Make due.

Get out and enjoy the weather. I go for a walk over my lunch hour, work up a sweat and raise my heart rate. Feels good and you get to see what is happening around you. Fresh air sunshine! Grab your son and dog and go to the park. Change your view.

Hang in there! Hope to see if anyone else has a suggestion for you.

Angie

The band is a tool .. it wouldn't result in weight loss if your diet is off & and you're not working out.

This is a great opportunity for your shift focus, and concentrate on your exercising & diet.

That's where you'll see your results, anyways.

Unfort. I highly doubt 'talking' a fill centre would give you much compassion, in terms of your financial situation.

The lap band is optional surgery, and a money maker for these doctors/fill centre's.

There is no way they'd discount a fill. That's what they do. Make money.

Anyways, don't be so hard on yourself, and re-shift your focus.

:)

Lindsay, I'm sure you are right about the fill centers and her financial situation. I was only going by my own experience with a Family Doctor in my town. It had nothing to do with getting a fill, but this doctor worked with me financially. We no longer had medical insurance and money was tight at the time. I was sick, needed to see a doctor, so I called and explained my situation. This doctor gave me a discounted cash price and then gave me samples from his office so I wouldn't have to pay for an expensive prescription. That's where I got the idea from, but you are right, getting a fill would not be the same thing.

Hey Stormy!

Girl, It does get so very frustrating....I know there is alot of people who does not agree with this, but FOR ME, I HAD to stay off of the scales. I would get SO frustrated and Discouraged, and what is the freaking use kinda tude...lol , when they would not move...I STAYED stressed about this, which caused me to just have a negative attitude towards everything in my life which cause me to be just a big stress ball...ughhhhhhhh mad.gif ..... ANYWAYS....this is my advice. Pick something that you spend money on per week food wise....Say you go through a fast food place once a week, twice a week...TAKE it out and put that money back. I know times are hard somtimes, but if you really look hard, there is something that you could do without that you are doing now. Put that money back, dont get me wrong, it could take a bit, but something is better than nothing. I have really looked at myself hard and I know that I am NOT working hard enough, some people can do this with little or no effort, NOT ME. I have had to bust my butt for every pound I have lost, logged my food, weighed my food, stayed away from NO NO food, NO friend NOTHING, no breaded NOTHING. Dont only watch the calories but you really need to watch those carbs and fat grams as well. I have stayed away from processed (as much as I can) and canned foods.

These are just some suggestions and you may already be doing these things.....Just know that you ARE NOT by yourself in this one. BABY STEPS, take it day by day, and remember tomorrow is a new day. If you have a bad, not so good day with food and exercise, strive to do better. I have a new motto, thank you Miss Jillian....Take the "try" out of your vocab....its the word to set you up for failure, dont try to do something, DO IT!!!!!

YOU CAN DO THIS GIRL......BEST WISHES and KEEP THAT BEAUTIFUL SMILE UP!

Carrie