Getting a first fill, need advice

I was banded at the OCC on August 6th and am getting my first fill on Monday. Can anyone tell me what to do or not to do prior? It seems as though I've read different advice about eating/not eating before a fill.

Right now, I feel no restriction unless I really over eat! (Which I can do) I try to still watch what I'm eating, after all I made this committment and spent big bucks, so it's on me. I do want to get the most of the fill and want to be sure that if it's better to eat right before, I do and if not I don't etc..

Any suggestions, much appreciated!!!!

I was banded at the OCC on August 6th and am getting my first fill on Monday. Can anyone tell me what to do or not to do prior? It seems as though I've read different advice about eating/not eating before a fill.

Right now, I feel no restriction unless I really over eat! (Which I can do) I try to still watch what I'm eating, after all I made this committment and spent big bucks, so it's on me. I do want to get the most of the fill and want to be sure that if it's better to eat right before, I do and if not I don't etc..

Any suggestions, much appreciated!!!!

There is an excellent 14 point sheet by Dolittle. If you use the search and type in Increase your chances for a good fill and then once you get to the next page put Dolittle as the author you can find it. Good luck

There is an excellent 14 point sheet by Dolittle. If you use the search and type in Increase your chances for a good fill and then once you get to the next page put Dolittle as the author you can find it. Good luck

Thank you both for your suggestions. I am glad I found the checklist! I didn't think I should eat, but they didn't tell me anything and then I've heard some say, "Don't eat so you get more restriction and heard others say, "eat". I wanted to see what most have tried and found helpful!

Thank you!

I just went to Mexico one week ago today to get a fill from Dr. So. He told me to only fast 2 hours prior to the fill. I had breakfast that morning and didn't eat or drink for more like 3 hours before he fill and all was fine. It went very well. He said my band was in the perfect place at the right angle. I had 4.5cc's put in. I was exactly like you before the fill, no restriction unless I really over ate. I was very nervous about the fill and afraid it would hurt. It doesn't. It felt like a slight pinch and it's over before you know it. Anyway, best wishes with your fill!!

I just went to Mexico one week ago today to get a fill from Dr. So. He told me to only fast 2 hours prior to the fill. I had breakfast that morning and didn't eat or drink for more like 3 hours before he fill and all was fine. It went very well. He said my band was in the perfect place at the right angle. I had 4.5cc's put in. I was exactly like you before the fill, no restriction unless I really over ate. I was very nervous about the fill and afraid it would hurt. It doesn't. It felt like a slight pinch and it's over before you know it. Anyway, best wishes with your fill!!

Thank you for this advice! So do you have restriction right now? I've heard folks say they don't generally give more than 4 cc's so I'm glad to hear you got a little more. I'm staying here locally but I hope to really feel the restriction with less food adn to stay full longer. I am excited almost like I'm getting the band for the first time!

Hey you, Erin here.

How are things going? I for one am LOVING my band! I am going on 20lbs lost and looking forward to the next 20.

Is your fill tomorrow? I am going next week, we will be in San Diego for a vacation so I hope to just hop on over for a fill.

Hope things are going good for you, talk to you later, Erin

Hey you, Erin here.

How are things going? I for one am LOVING my band! I am going on 20lbs lost and looking forward to the next 20.

Is your fill tomorrow? I am going next week, we will be in San Diego for a vacation so I hope to just hop on over for a fill.

Hope things are going good for you, talk to you later, Erin

I went to get a fill today and had a poor experience.

I don't know if anyone else has had this, and if so, please let me know your thoughts/comments. When I went to the Dr. I inquired about the policy regarding unfill/fill depending on how things felt within so many days etc. They say to me " we won't do a fill that gives you restriction your first time" You will come back 3-4 times in the next 6 months... I was like, "HUH" "OMG" wait, this is not what I've heard or thought of when getting a fill. Can you all let me know what your experiences are/have been? I left that Dr, but am now wondering what to do..I was so very, very disappointed having to leave.