I am such a goober!

So I am down in San Diego for a family vacation and thought I would just skip across the boarder for my first fill.

Sounds like a great idea right?

My appointment is tomorrow @ 10am and....

I just realized my passport is sitting on the table at home!!!

I am such an idiot!

You do need it for boarder crossing now right? could I just do it with my Drivers License?

I was really looking forward to my first fill and was really excited, but oh well, live and learn.

I will just have to fly down for the day at some point in the next month or so!

Erin

So I am down in San Diego for a family vacation and thought I would just skip across the boarder for my first fill.

I am such an idiot!

You do need it for boarder crossing now right? could I just do it with my Drivers License?

I was really looking forward to my first fill and was really excited, but oh well, live and learn.

Erin

No, you need a passport

I am such an idiot!

Erin

Sorry babe you must have your passport. I just came back from my first fill and u definetly have to have it.

I did a little research on the issue because my sister wanted to go with me to be banded (a week and a half ago). She realized her passport had expired a couple of days before leaving. Here is a web site that describes the possible consequences of not having the right ID when crossing back into the U.S.:

http://acrossthebord...s-at-the-border

Given the relatively minor consequences, she decided to go ahead and accompany me.

When crossing back into the U.S., she told the border agent her passport had expired and showed it to him. He said "your passport expired but your citizenship has not" and waved her through. No written citation, no secondary inspection.

I'm sure it depends on the agent you get, but it sounds like the worse that can happen is they send you to secondary inspection where they look up your citizenship on the computer. So, maybe a delay.

I would give it a try without a passport, if I had another form of ID, like a driver's license. If I was in your shoes, I

would also have someone fax a copy of my passport so I had that documentation, too. I grew up in San Diego, and, as a teenager and young adult crossing the border, I was sent to secondary inspection several times. It was just a delay. I'd give it a shot, but, I guess I have a little bit of an outlaw in me. :-)

I am such an idiot!

Erin

OK, here's my take on the passport subject. I'm not saying to do it, but the last time I was at the OCC clinic, which was last December, when going through customs, a lady in front of me forgot her passport. All she did was explain she forgot it and showed several photo ID's to the customs agent. He questioned her for about 5 minutes and then let her come through. So I do know you can get back into the states without a passport. Weather they inforce the passport issue or not seems to be up to the agent, shift supervisor and or what the weather is that day. I can say I personally saw it done, but, there's that big but, who's to say that you wouldn't be the one that they set an example with.

I am definately way too chicken to try boarder crossing without my passport!

I am only about an hour or so by plane fron SD and SouthWest has a $49 special going on right now.

I will just come back on down in a couple weeks!

Thanks for all the advice though

I am definately way too chicken to try boarder crossing without my passport!

I am only about an hour or so by plane fron SD and SouthWest has a $49 special going on right now.

I will just come back on down in a couple weeks!

Thanks for all the advice though

wow, how lucky you are to be so close.