border crossing

I am coming in for my second fill on 12/9 (a Thursday) with my appointment at 12:30pm. I am curious about how long it will take to cross the border back into the US on a Thursday around that time? I ask because there is a flight out of San Diego at 2:40p that would be great to get, but I am concerned that I would be seriously pushing it. I know that when I had my fill last time the whole process took about 15 mins, however, the border crossing was almost 2 hrs. But that was on a Saturday afternoon. Is it more or less crowded during the week? Am I being overly optimistic about trying to catch that flight?

I am coming in for my second fill on 12/9 (a Thursday) with my appointment at 12:30pm. I am curious about how long it will take to cross the border back into the US on a Thursday around that time? I ask because there is a flight out of San Diego at 2:40p that would be great to get, but I am concerned that I would be seriously pushing it. I know that when I had my fill last time the whole process took about 15 mins, however, the border crossing was almost 2 hrs. But that was on a Saturday afternoon. Is it more or less crowded during the week? Am I being overly optimistic about trying to catch that flight?

If I was a betting man, I'd say there was no chance in hell you'd make that flight. You didn't say what time you were coming in. If your arriving into San Diego at 7am and going straight to the OCC you might make it back to the airport by 1pm,,, and that's iffy! You got to remember you need time before your departing flight to go through security and I'm sure your airline has a computer cut off time of at least 45 minutes or a half hour before your fight. I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but I'd say you need to change your departing flight to an evening flight.

Hi btradio, I have been to TJ 5 times since July of this year and my husband has been many, many, times for dental work. I'm sorry but, no way you will make your flight. The line gets longest later in the day. The busiest day of the week is Friday and the slowest days are Tuesday or Wednesday. I make my fill appt. at 9:00 a.m. and try to get back across the border as soon as possible.

Oh no... It's usually 1 hour MINIMUM. and that's on a good day.

This very same issue just happened to me. My flight landed at 9:42 and my appointment was for 10:30am. My flight was scheduled to leave out of San Diego at 3:10. The driver was 2 hours late getting to the airport to pick us up. Then when we got to the clinic, Dr. So was in surgery so I had to wait another 2 hours for him to do my fill. The border crossing back was another 1 1/2 hours. Needless to say, I missed my flight and had to spend the night in San Diego. This all happened on a Monday. Hope this helps.