5 months after My gastric plication

It has been 5 months after my plication so far I had lost 68pnds and I went from size 22w to size 12. I am very amazed of how much my body has change. I strongly recommended the plication.Woow I am back to life. Loving it

congrats. I am two weeks out of surgery today and I am so happy to hear the success stories. Can I ask a question. How did you cope with the 3 weeks of liquid diet. Did you have a hard time with dairy. It seems that everything that I am allowed to have makes me want to be sick. I can't do the drinkable yogurt or shakes. I have cheated a little bit because all that I can stomach is gatorade, or sorbet. I can barely eat any of the cream soups. How was it for you. Again, congratulations. I lost 8 pounds before surgery and about 11 since.....so I am looking forward to being down 60 pounds before the end of summer.

That's outstanding! Congratulations. I'm on day 10 and only down 5lb since surgery but trying not to be discouraged since I know its early. Funny how the weight came off consistently every day during the preop phase and now it slows down - there are even less calories going in. The human body is interesting, thats for sure. I guess I haven't been walking as much as I should so there's my goal for the week - the dogs are about to get the shock of their lives :) They only weigh 2 & 3 lbs so they won't last long!!

Good luck - I hope I have similar success!

Yolanda

Only the first time I drink yogurt I had lots of cramps but it was just the first time. .I continue to drink slim fast true all the liquid diet and I tolerate creamy soups really well. .the first two weeks of liquids I wasn't even hungry and the third I was just having something every three hrs.

Keep it up u made the best choice of your life

It has been 5 months after my plication so far I had lost 68pnds and I went from size 22w to size 12. I am very amazed of how much my body has change. I strongly recommended the plication.Woow I am back to life. Loving it

Congrats on your weight loss. It is good to hear from someone who is 5 months out. I am only 9 days out. Yesterday I was pretty tired but I added another shake and I feel a lot better today. I'm nervous about stretching my stomach but that is just me. I've kept to the liquids plan and I don't like yogurt very much. I like it but it is just not appetizing right now.

Had mine on the 16th of March. I've lost 8 lbs since returning home. I took a nice walk this morning.

Take care,

Sharon

Deysi - WOW what a success story! Would you mind posting (maybe in a new thread) Tips for Post-op Success? I would love to hear what a "day in the life" was for you during the different stages: 1. Immediately post-up liquid phase 2. Smooshy phase etc...

I think this would help EVERYONE learn good habits for success!

Congrats and GREAT JOB on all your hard work.

You really did well losing 68 lbs. I am 5 months out and have only lost 32 lbs. Its been very slow for me but thats always how any weight loss diet has been for me in the past. Its very frustrating but have had to learn to be patient.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! You really have had great success! Congrats! I wish i knew i would have the same results, I'm so very worried this won't work for me and I will be out the $$$ and loose little if any weight. Seems so many post that they aren't getting great results. I'd love to hear more from you on how you feel and any advice you can give on eating habits.

Thanks so much,

Feather

• 2 years later...

Hey Deysi,

I too had the plication and am 2.5 months in. I've lost about 20 lbs, but have stalled and been here for a few weeks. Do you have any tips on what you at post surgery (when you could eat food)?

Thanks,

Jessica