Excercise and Yoga

Hello everyone. I need some advice. Tomorrow is my first day OFF liquids, which means it's been three weeks since I've been banded. I feel well, I have no pain, and my incisions are healing up nicely. Tomorrow I plan to go to the gym... Is that all right, or do you all think it's too early? Also, I would LOVE to continue my yoga classes. Has anyone had any experience with yoga so soon after a band surgery? I'd appreciate any insight you have. Thanks in advance!! :)

I love yoga, but you use your core and I was told to stay away from core for 30 days. So use caution - you don't want to mess up your band and move too fast. I would wait, and I agree walking, exercise where you don't use core is great. Make sure you've given yourself some time to heal. (Today is the first day of the rest of your life - so you do have time).

• 2 weeks later...

I love yoga, but you use your core and I was told to stay away from core for 30 days. So use caution - you don't want to mess up your band and move too fast. I would wait, and I agree walking, exercise where you don't use core is great. Make sure you've given yourself some time to heal. (Today is the first day of the rest of your life - so you do have time).

I was told by staff in Mexico to wait one month.