Please reconsider Dr Campos

quennee

I am saddened to have to write negative feedback regarding a doctor in Mexico. I booked with Dr Campos In Nov 2010 for a breast lift implants and lipo and was given a contract with a price. I sent a deposit and was scheduled for Oct of this year, however I had to cancel and requested a return of my deposit. I waited and recieved 50% of my deposit I called and read Giselle the cancellation policies on my contract. Giselle the office manager advised me that they had new policies that went in effect Jan 2011. I explained that I had drove down there in Nov 2010 and booked the surgery and was given a contract. I also asked if I could keep the surgery date and do half of the work then. She then advised the date had already been filled with another surgery. WOW to my amazment the spot was now filled and they still wanted a $250 cancellation fee (ever heard of double dipping). I requested she speak to the doctor on my behalf because I had the contract in hand.Giselle then advised she would email the new one but still talk to the doctor. I received a response from the dpctor saying sorry too bad new policy isnt fair if I return your money even though you were given a different contract. I will no longer attempt to rebook with them for 2012 I will go back to Dr Quiiroz or possibly try the OCC doctors.

I have also lost money when I originally booked at theh Hospital Angeles. I went there hoping to have surgery between May 4th and May 6th. They booked me and I gave a $725 deposit. They called me a couple days later after I had my flight booked and canceled my surgery stating that the surgeon would be at a conference. She apologized that the booking office was not communicating well with Health Travel Guides and wanted me to rebook. I was devastated and luckily was able to cancel my flight without penalty (the flight was $1600 for 2 people). I asked for my deposit back and they stated that there is no refund and that I have a year to have the surgery. I was not impressed with the situation. I paid my deposit based on the availability of the date. It was the best date for my companion to travel. I have asked repeatedly to speak to someone about returning my deposit and Health Travel GUides was supposed to have someone from Hospital Angeles contact me. I have not spoken to them since April and no one ever called me back. I cannot believe thay they can make such a booking blunder and enforce their no return policy! I do not fault the surgeon but Health Travel Guides.

I have since had surgery at OCC and was very impressed with the facility, their business practice and clear refund policy.

I have used Dr. Quiroz and am looking at OCC now for plastics. Both os these are personable and work with you to make sure you get what you pay for...and honor the contracts they give you. I trust them completely and have no problem recommending them.

Sorry for your issues - thanks for sharing.

Rowan

I've never seen any photos of Dr Quiroz's work. I wish someone in the forum would post.

*hint hint*

I have not researched Dr. Campos yet, but I've been doing a lot of research on Dr. Quiroz and heard great things. You can see a lot of before and after pictures on his testimonial pages, many of the past patients also provide email addresses so you can ask them privately about their experiences.

Edited by Dolittle
no-no hyperlinks

• 5 weeks later...

I am going to Dr. Campos next Friday for PS after a 5 month wait. I researched Quiroz and Campos for over a month and decided I liked Campos work better. ie scars, etc. Both have excellent bedside manner. That's what's so great about living in America, you are free to choose any Dr you want in Mexico to do your surgery ;)