I DID IT

congrats...I am down about 7 lbs as well on my pre-surgery diet and have 3 weeks until I get my plication done. I am excited, nervous and just flat ready! I figure I will lose another 5-10 lbs before surgery - which is great - I am really good at short term losing weight but have an issue keeping it off. (sort of like holding your breath - can do it for a bit but then you need to breath)..

I have started working out every day to get my body in best condition possible for the surgery and taking all the vitamens ect that the docs recommended.

When is your surgery? I am thinking you are having it done at OC right? I am banded now - 10 years out - and having a revision - don't freak about this - I got 10 great years from this band and would do it again in a skinny minute..

Please feel free to ask me anything - happy to help.

DonnaC

congrats...I am down about 7 lbs as well on my pre-surgery diet and have 3 weeks until I get my plication done. I am excited, nervous and just flat ready! I figure I will lose another 5-10 lbs before surgery - which is great - I am really good at short term losing weight but have an issue keeping it off. (sort of like holding your breath - can do it for a bit but then you need to breath)..

I have started working out every day to get my body in best condition possible for the surgery and taking all the vitamens ect that the docs recommended.

When is your surgery? I am thinking you are having it done at OC right? I am banded now - 10 years out - and having a revision - don't freak about this - I got 10 great years from this band and would do it again in a skinny minute..

Please feel free to ask me anything - happy to help.

DonnaC

Hi Donna,

GREAT JOB, it sure does feel good to lose even a little weight, but I have the same problem...it always comes back. I'm glad the band worked for you for so long. So what happened, why the plication now? Looking forward to seeing you down there. My surg is the 29th, coming in on the 28th and getting a facial at OCC:). Do you know if you have to do a bowel prep for the band?

Thanks

Steph

Hi Donna,

GREAT JOB, it sure does feel good to lose even a little weight, but I have the same problem...it always comes back. I'm glad the band worked for you for so long. So what happened, why the plication now? Looking forward to seeing you down there. My surg is the 29th, coming in on the 28th and getting a facial at OCC:). Do you know if you have to do a bowel prep for the band?

Thanks

Steph

no bowel prep for the band.

lol - as you are on a liquid diet for 3 days before the surgery and reduced diet for several weeks before - I think you have prep'd your bowels just fine lol...

I did an enema just to be on the safe side - but I am a bit careful. I also do a good shower scrub with antibactrial soap before surgery as well...

Donna

Guest fatty

Congratulations! I am very proud and I hope to see you lose weight with this surgery. The key is to make a healthy lifestyle change once the band has done its work. It cannot be your tool forever. Just remember, healthy eating not only makes you appear great, but FEEL great.

lol - as you are on a liquid diet for 3 days before the surgery and reduced diet for several weeks before - I think you have prep'd your bowels just fine lol...

I did an enema just to be on the safe side - but I am a bit careful. I also do a good shower scrub with antibactrial soap before surgery as well...

Donna

Thanks ladies, good to know. Now I didn't read anything about only liquids three days before?? Also, they said you will get your prescriptions filled there for $125..what the heck do they give you that cost that much? Pain meds shouldn't cost that much. Heck I'll bring my own. I emailed my "concierge" Jamie to ask if I could get the scripts before and get them filled so my ins would pay, but he didn't seem to understand what I was taking about. Any thoughts?

Steph

Read your pre-surgery info - the liquids should be in there - right after the diet options. I know I had it with my band all those years ago...and now with the plication.

You should be able to get a list of what medications they want you to have...and if you can get your doc to do the prescriptions and insurance to cover...good on ya! Ask to speak with the doc - or ask for Dr. Miranda on diet and then ask her.

Let me know...I might try the same thing...

DonnaC in Seattle

Read your pre-surgery info - the liquids should be in there - right after the diet options. I know I had it with my band all those years ago...and now with the plication.

You should be able to get a list of what medications they want you to have...and if you can get your doc to do the prescriptions and insurance to cover...good on ya! Ask to speak with the doc - or ask for Dr. Miranda on diet and then ask her.

Let me know...I might try the same thing...

DonnaC in Seattle

Nope nothing about 3 days of fluids, just the 3 options. I'll send the docs a msg and find out:)