Just wondering what to pack for surgery?

My sleeve surgery with Dr. Ortiz is June 27th. I am wondering what things to pack, that we wouldn't normally bring or think to bring. Pj's over Gown? I have heard a heating pad is a good thing, etc. I am thinking I wouldn't want to bring anything tight fitting so it doesn't hurt the stomach area.c

loose fitting what ever you bring is a great idea. Don't bring too much as you have to carry it potentially if you are flying.

Here's what I pack:

nightgown jersey

slip on slippers or socks

one or two yoga pants and tops

comfortable slip on shoes

easy jacket or hoodie

one or two of those insta hot packs - they are great for traveling

basic makeup ect - but don't forget lip balm, water bottle and breath mints (I just like having them)

that's about all you will need. They will pick you up at the airport, whisk ya away and bring ya back.

make sure you ask for a couple of anti nausea patchs just in case - it never hurts to have them.

Please let us know how it's going. I am right behind ya - get in on the 30th so I might just miss ya...

Donna

loose fitting what ever you bring is a great idea. Don't bring too much as you have to carry it potentially if you are flying.

Here's what I pack:

nightgown jersey

slip on slippers or socks

one or two yoga pants and tops

comfortable slip on shoes

easy jacket or hoodie

one or two of those insta hot packs - they are great for traveling

basic makeup ect - but don't forget lip balm, water bottle and breath mints (I just like having them)

that's about all you will need. They will pick you up at the airport, whisk ya away and bring ya back.

make sure you ask for a couple of anti nausea patchs just in case - it never hurts to have them.

Please let us know how it's going. I am right behind ya - get in on the 30th so I might just miss ya...

Donna

If your flying into San Diego and doing only a carry on bag, remember, TSA rules are 3.4 oz size or smaller on your liquids, gels and areosols in a 1 quart baggie. Pack light, you should be able to just do a carry on for this trip. You really don't need much.

My sleeve surgery with Dr. Ortiz is June 27th. I am wondering what things to pack, that we wouldn't normally bring or think to bring. Pj's over Gown? I have heard a heating pad is a good thing, etc. I am thinking I wouldn't want to bring anything tight fitting so it doesn't hurt the stomach area.c

Hi, I'll be flying in on the 28th band surgery on the 29th, I'm just doing the basics. I was thinking I don't even think I'll bring makeup...why bother...I'm on vacation (of sorts) and not planning on going out. Nice comfy pants and tops. I have heard somebody said don't bring underwire bras because they might rub near an incision, and books, magazines to kill time while your waiting/recovering and TV is limited. See ya there

Stephanie

Agree with all the items listed above... might even consider a couple of packets of 'cup o soup' powder/packets since I wasn't fond of the broth at the hotel... You may want to consider picking up a pair of stretchy pants in a size larger just to ensure the elastic isn't tight on your tummy - I was so distended from the gas in surgery my pants were tighter than normal and it was uncomfortable. In hindsight I wish I would have taken a loose maxi dress instead and not have to worry about anything on my belly.

Good luck!!

Yolanda

Thanks so much everyone! Great Ideas. I don't think I am packing makeup either. I might scare everyone, but I will be more comfortable! :D We will be there two days before my surgery because the flight was cheaper so will have some time to kill. My husband said he is looking forward to "our" vacation! :rolleyes:

Hey there -

Wow can you believe we are almost there! If you are there early - ask to go to Revolution Blvd to shop. It's a short cab ride ($5 or less) and very safe..great way to spend an afternoon. There is also a great mall close to the hotel. (can you tell how I spent my spare time every trip down there) Also don't forget to look at teeth whitening and botox...both great deals down there...might as well leverage the trip right?

Don't worry about packing any food - they have everything there. There is a little bodaga (shop) close that has some nice clite (crystal light) if you want to get it down there cheaper with more flavors. There is a great resturant for your husband called Los Arcos that is close -I love the grilled lobster (if it's in season)...

I always travel with a small makeup kit - as it makes me feel better...but truthfully it's up to you (not like you are going to run into anyone you see down there anytime soon right)

I am so ready to be off this pre-surgery diet - I hate dieting but it's only for a bit and then hopefully it will be easier again! Hope it is going good for you...see ya soon.

You will be an old timer by the time I get there on the 30th. Please make sure you either post or email me with updates...I fly on Thursday the 30th.

Hey wanna be in my youtube video when I get there???

DonnaC in Seattle

• Like 1