Plastic Surgery with Dr Castillo in Sept.

Cavrona

I am going Sept 2nd to have my tummy tuck with Dr Castillo at OCC. I am very nervous, scared and excited. I have been banded since 2/2008.(by Dr. Ortiz, Of course) And I hate the way my tummy hangs. It wont tuck in nicely to anything. LOL. I am so glad to be going back to OCC. There is no place I would rather go. I did several consults where I live but I really prefer to go back. My mom and 2 of my sons will be going to help me, and I am planning to stay for a week. I would appreciate advice from any one on the forum who has had PS and would share their experience. What were things you needed or used that you didn't know before your surgery?

Congrats on the up coming PS. It was back in 2008 when I had my lower body lift. Are you going to have just a regular tuck or the complete lower body lift? Take some loose clothing and stuff that makes the time go by, like games, puzzles or electronic games. Are you doing your recovery at a recovery house or a hotel? If your at a recovery house there should be other patients there to chit chat with. Hotels get a little boring. You could also ask Caligirl what she thinks, she just posted she was at a recovery house after PS. Good Luck, let us know here at the forum how things go.

I am staying at the Lucerna. I am bringing a laptop with lots of movies, my Ipod, a few books, a few games, like Scrabble and Yahtzee. My mom and 2 sons are coming. They will be there to help me and keep me company. I am doing a TT, Lipo and butt lift. Not a full lower body lift. My saggy skin is just in the front, but since losing weight, I lost my butt. I'd like a little bit of it back LOL

hi there, I had a TT, BA, Muscle Revision and lipo done about 5 years ago and it was not too bad. The first couple of days you are pretty beat up - and the meds make things easier. Lipo is the gift that just keeps on giving lol - lots of bruising and draining. I hated the garment at first and then loved it too much...became a support thing for me...

When they first held it up - it was like - oh I will never fit in that...but you do and it helps alot.

The folks at the Lucerna are great and take wonderful care of you...you will do great!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Diva,

It is in a few days. I am so excited, nervous, anxious..I think I could throw up. I know its normal to be nervous but I am really just ready to have it done and be healing. I have prepared myself as much as I can, but I don't think anyone can be fully prepared for something you haven't done. My mom and my 2 oldest sons will be with me. I wanted to be surrounded by family for the first few days since I will not be at home. I will definitely be sharing my experience with everyone. I hope all goes well with your procedure. I look forward to hearing about your experience too :)

Just wondering if anyone has talked to any of his past patients? (besides the one's the OCC might refer you to)

I couldn't find ANY info on him .....

I only know of a few patients that have had him as their plastic surgeon. I know there's more out there, but who they are?

So, If you have had plastic surgery by Dr. Castillo, we'd all like to hear your opinion.

• Like 1

I am left feeling a little unsure as well. Dr Castillo's website has some photos but none of the thigh lift procedure. Under the heading 'Surgery after weight loss' there are only two photos: an upper arm revision and a second photo whose before photo looked pretty perfect to begin with. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just spend more time on the stairmaster....I remain undecided.

• 1 month later...

I'm with you all on that. Maybe some history on how he was chosen? How much/many he has done? I am seriously considering the TL in December but would feel much more confident with some more background.

• 1 month later...