What about discomfort or pain

Everyone has different levels of pain. For me, It was very minimal, I did not even take pain meds, the only thing I took for pain was liquid tylenol. I was walking around TJ shopping on El Revolucion the day after my surgery, I have had several surgeries and this was the least painful and the easiest recovery.

For me, very minimal. More like crampy and sore. I had surgery on Wed and was back to work on Monday at a desk job.

Port area was sore for a few weeks but nothing major. Took Tylenol twice for discomfort, thats it.

P.S. I am normally a BIGGGG baby on pain and was very worried. I shouldn't have been.

I can only give my own personal experience. I'm 62 and was extremely anxious. I was banded on a Tuesday morning; everything went smoothly, though I slept most of the day (my surgery was around 10:00 am, I think). There was a fair amount of gas pain in my neck and stomach the next day, but liquid Tylenol took care of it. I returned home on Thursday and back to work the next Tuesday (desk job). The neck pain was off and on for about two weeks - especially if I ate too fast, but it wasn't anything severe, at all. Good luck.

- Katie

I just got back from TJ. My band surgery was yesterday morning. I have to say that other than little stiffness (like a charleyhorse feeling) I feel great! I was banded with 4 other people. Everyone felt good except one young girl who had a hard time getting liquids down. Several of us (those who weren't traveling very far) decided to go back home today. The woman who was traveling back to the east coast stayed until tomorrow.

Honestly, this surgery is very easy (at least it was for me!). The hardest part, in my opinion, will be sticking to a liquid diet for 3 weeks, but I am determined to be successful at this.

These doctors and their support staff are excellent and very, very caring.