Banded March 22

I got banded by Dr. Ortiz on Thursday. Boy was I a petrified wreck before hand. I had so many negative scenarios worked out its a miracle I didn't chicken out. Most of what I was afraid of was being "put to sleep" for surgery. Everyone at the OCC made things so quick and pleasant. Before I knew it the surgery was over. I have a minimal amount of discomfort. I did not need the pain medication they gave me before leaving. Just a kind of full feeling of having too much gas. I couldn't have asked for an easier experience. I guess this is post op day 3 and no real hunger pains yet. Im sure that after another 18 days of liquids I might get a little cranky, but for now I loving it'

wNjsI4s

I got banded by Dr. Ortiz on Thursday. Boy was I a petrified wreck before hand. I had so many negative scenarios worked out its a miracle I didn't chicken out. Most of what I was afraid of was being "put to sleep" for surgery. Everyone at the OCC made things so quick and pleasant. Before I knew it the surgery was over. I have a minimal amount of discomfort. I did not need the pain medication they gave me before leaving. Just a kind of full feeling of having too much gas. I couldn't have asked for an easier experience. I guess this is post op day 3 and no real hunger pains yet. Im sure that after another 18 days of liquids I might get a little cranky, but for now I loving it'

wNjsI4s

Hey Shak!

I'm to be banded on April 26th. And I can't wait! I'm so glad your doing so good!

Kelly C.

St. Petersburg, Fl.

To be banded

April 26th. 07

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
My best friend and I are being banded by Dr. Ortiz on 4/23/07. We can not wait. Can anyone give us referrals regarding the OCC?? We are so excited, but would love to hear other's experiences.

Thanks!!

I was banded March 22. I have no regrets, everyone there was so nice. The OCC is very clean, you room is very nice. Doctors and nurses are very caring. I was back to work 4 days later. Not much pain at all, just a little discomfort. It was a great experience for me. I am so excited to start my new life with less weight. Dr Ortiz and his staff are the best!!!!

I was banded March 22. I have no regrets, everyone there was so nice. The OCC is very clean, you room is very nice. Doctors and nurses are very caring. I was back to work 4 days later. Not much pain at all, just a little discomfort. It was a great experience for me. I am so excited to start my new life with less weight. Dr Ortiz and his staff are the best!!!!

Can anyone reading this respond? I want to know what the long term expense demands will be for me before going forward. I assume Dr. Ortiz includes all fills and follow ups in his price for one year (that seems to be the common practice cost wise). Whats to be expected the second year and every year thereafter? Will I have to continue to fill/unfill for the rest of my life, or will there come a time when I will forget the band is there and not have to visit any more doctors?? I suppose at least once a year to make sure everything is okay. This is the part I am in the dark about.

Thanks in advance for any replies.