June 2007 Surgeries

• 3 weeks later...
Surgery scheduled for June 7th with Dr. Ortiz and getting very nervous. I have not received any messages from them since making the deposit. Is this normal?

I emailed to ask if they had gotten it and if there was anything else I needed to do they replied promptly. Don't be nervous, I just had mine done on the 21st and it went so good.. everything you read here is the truth. You will leave their feeling like they are family.

Hi Fortune,

I will be banded on June 6th. I feel confident that we are going to be in good care. That doesn't completely take away my fear of surgery just because it is surgery and it's not "down the street". I hope you make some calls and do some last mintue checks to put your mind at ease. I called Inamed not expecting to get much if any information from them, and to my surprise, I learned quite a bit about Dr. Ortiz's qualifications. They do not give referrals, but my mind is at ease.

I'm not sure if we will pass each other or not since I'll go back to the hotel as you go to the hospital, but I look forward to meeting you if we do. I'm planning on using message boards for support. Best Wishes!

Judy

To be Banded June 6

Surgery scheduled for June 7th with Dr. Ortiz and getting very nervous. I have not received any messages from them since making the deposit. Is this normal?

I am having my surgery on the 12th. I am very nervous, but i am going to TJ with a guy & his wife and he had his done last year about this time and he looks great. I'm as excited as i am nervous. I have read several entries on this forum and i know i will do fine. It would be nice to meet someone else having it done on the same day. I will stay in touch and post my after surgery stories. I'm really glad this forum is here, it has been very helpful to me. Thanks to all of you.

PJ