Cook Books

Hi All,

I was banded on April 26th and while I'm not close to solid food yet I've been looking for specific recipes and direction for solid foods because I'm concerned that I won't get the proper nutrition if I'm eating very little. I found two books on Amazon.com: "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein Recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery" by Patt Levine; and "Recipes for Life After Weight-Loss Surgery: Delicious Dishes for Nourishing the New You " by Margaret Furtado.

I ordered them but wonder if anyone has any other resources that I could check out.

Thanks for your help,

Ann

Hey Ann!

It's Kelly C. I got your email. I write back on Tues. I'm going to chck in to the info you sent. When are you going back for your fill? I'm going Monday, June 25th. at 10:00 am. Hope to see you then!

Kelly C.

Banded 4/26/07

• 2 weeks later...

HI Kelly, I'm so bad a keeping up with forums ...I'd love to see you but I'm at meetings those two days. I think I might try to go down either the 15th or the 22nd. How are you doing?

Ann

Hi All,

I was banded on April 26th and while I'm not close to solid food yet I've been looking for specific recipes and direction for solid foods because I'm concerned that I won't get the proper nutrition if I'm eating very little. I found two books on Amazon.com: "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein Recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery" by Patt Levine; and "Recipes for Life After Weight-Loss Surgery: Delicious Dishes for Nourishing the New You " by Margaret Furtado.

I ordered them but wonder if anyone has any other resources that I could check out.

Thanks for your help,

Ann

Hi Ann, here are a few things that I have been using, maybe some will work for you, just please be careful!

I have had some of these things get hung up on me , so I had to learn specific preparation and eating methods. I also buy Equate Weight loss shakes for when I feel I am not getting enough protein.

Hope This is helpful!! JC

Fat free pudding seems to work good, I have half a spoonful think about how great it tastes then another half spoonful ...

Sugar free jello I actually try to squish between tongue and upper pallette. I used to inhale never new how jello really tasted!

Angel Food Cake Mix

20oz pineapple crushed

Use 9 X 13 Cake Pan

Preheat Oven 350 Degrees

Bake 30 Minutes

Don't overcook it will be moist from pineapple. I use the juice from pinapple as well.

Soup

1 Can Mixed Veggies

1 Can Black Beans

1 Can White Corn

1 Can Tomatoes any style

1 can Veggie Ministrone 99% Fat Free Soup

Mix Together Heat

Remember Chew Chew Chew Fast and Easy

Bran Muffins

2 cup All Bran

3/4 Skim Milk

1 Cup Apple Sauce

2 Mashed Banannas

1/2 cup Brown Sugar Loose

1/2 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp baking powder

Let milk & all bran set for about 15 min

Bake at 350 for 40-45 min

Makes 12

Note: Splenda has a brown sugar substitute

Again undercooked is better than overcooked at least for me moist is better than DRY ouch!!