slipping band

hello i was banded on the 23rd august i was just wondering if anyone could tell me how the reckognise that the band may have slipped,wot signs to look for ,i must say i have kept to the post op diet and have lost weight. Im just a bit curious and probably a bit nervous as my time gets closer to eating food again . thank you for any advice

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My band had slipped, it was from vomiting. There was no get pain from it slipping but there was no longer the restriction that I had once had. The vomiting was from a hiatal hernia. I had that fixed then they replaced the band. If you have not been on solid food most likely your band has not slipped.

• 2 weeks later...

I am slated to be banded on 12/27/05 and am quite nervous, mainly about side effects such as slippage. Does anyone know what percentage of people experience lap band slippage? I would hate to pay all the $ for surgery and have unsuccessful results? Also, if I do experience slippage, will insurance cover the cost to fix it (they are no covering my lap-band)?

1.8% Slippage

My insurance will cover emergencies but it all depends on your insurance I think. Plus, TJ is not far for me, so I would probably go back there. For the same cost as my deductibles and co pays, I could have Dr. Ortiz fix me if something went wrong.

Any time... day or night.... they have NEVER not answered the phone. Still amazes me!