August Surgery Patients

:D Anyone scheduled on August 24? My Mom and I are flying from Myrtle Beach, SC on August 23... surgery on the 24th! Looking forward to meeting and making some new friends!

Good Luck Everyone!

Dottie

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like everyone is going to Mexico I am just at my very first stage which, is the consultation and the pre-surgery exams. Is there a reason everyone is chosing Mexico? I live in New Jersey and they have a Beriatric Center @ Mountainside Hospital in Montclair, NJ. This is where I intend to go. Are there more benefits in chosing Mexico?

wow.. i just read what i wrote and it sounded like the only reason i chose mexico was the price... i admit the price is the reason i looked into mexico, but once i started do a little research i realized that Dr Ortiz and the OCC was the only place

i wanted to go. i could tell by the way they spoke to me and by the questions they asked that my health and well being is their #1 proirity, i was impressed! and the more i read this forum the more at ease i feel

with my decision and am convinced that i will return to the OCC for all my fills. also i was impressed by how fast everything was moving ahead for me. i had a confirmed surgery date within a few days! :lol: this meant sooooo much to me

especially since i had already wasted almost a year trying to meet the insurance companies demands. so now its 20 days away and i am so happy! good luck to you as we all get healthy together! :P

PS: My BF is really worried, despite all my attempts to reassure him. Anyone else have a nervous spouse/partner?

Nancy

I had a nervous nelly b/f too... So much so, that a year and a half ago I allowed him to talk me out of it... he was obsessed with the dangers, etc. Well, a couple of months ago, I called and scheduled, obtained the flight and financing.. then told him a few days before I departed. I was much firmer in the way I communicated what I felt and desired, and communicated that I was all ready scheduled and as much as I wanted his support, I was going with or with out it.

I am glad he did not come with me... I think I would have expended a lot of energy comforting him. I think it is way cool, that you are bringing a girlfriend... Everything will be real smooth. I am sure your results will be positive.

In retrospect, he admits that he was a little pessimistic, and he is happy with the results. Oh! Get this, he thinks I am courageous. Ha.  He sees that I am happier, healthier... and agrees it was a good decision.

It goes with out saying, but Your b/f loves you... he is just worried about loosing you. The unknown is a scary place.

Based on my experience, Mexico has surpassed the US when it comes to healthcare, the hospital was cleaner, the quality of care was higher, and appeared to be more organized. You will be in good hands.

Good luck to you and your friend.

Hi, I am having my bloodwork and surgery done on the same day, August 2nd. I'm flying from Seattle the evening of the 1st. Today starts my pre op diet, and I weigh 220 lbs. So much for giving myself a little wiggle room, I told them 2 weeks ago I weighed 220, when I was actually about 215! I'm happy... I will do this thing the right way all the way. Hope to hear from some other August 2nd surgery people!

I will be flying out of Memphis TN on the 2nd for pre-ops and surgery is set for the 3rd

I know you're out there.... c'mon August Surgery patients... let's hear from you!

I'm home now and checked the itinerary. I am arriving in Chicago on Flight 4087 from Louisville @ 6:15 am and I will be in seat 13D on the Chicago to San Diego flight. I leave 8/5/07 at 9:05 am on Frontier Airlines to Denver and then on to Louisville. I started the "all liquid diet" on the 18th and have gone from 214# to 202#, how are you doing?

I like drinking a soy milk shake. I put one cup soy milk {120 cal) and about 8 ice cubes in a blender with some fiber powder and about a 1/2 tablespoon of sugar free jello. I make raspberry, strawberry, and strawberry kiwi flavors. Sometimes I add instant Jello pudding (fat free and sugar free) and have white choc. cheesecake milkshake. Get the picture? I have a sweet tooth :rolleyes:

I'm home now and checked the itinerary. I am arriving in Chicago on Flight 4087 from Louisville @ 6:15 am and I will be in seat 13D on the Chicago to San Diego flight. I leave 8/5/07 at 9:05 am on Frontier Airlines to Denver and then on to Louisville. I started the "all liquid diet" on the 18th and have gone from 214# to 202#, how are you doing?

I like drinking a soy milk shake. I put one cup soy milk {120 cal) and about 8 ice cubes in a blender with some fiber powder and about a 1/2 tablespoon of sugar free jello. I make raspberry, strawberry, and strawberry kiwi flavors. Sometimes I add instant Jello pudding (fat free and sugar free) and have white choc. cheesecake milkshake. Get the picture? I have a sweet tooth :rolleyes:

I am looking for anyone who is getting their surgery done on Aug. 6th. I am going by myself on Sunday, Aug 5th, to the hotel and would like to meet any other woman who may be there for moral support. I am just a bit nervous and would like company. LL

My friend Joanna and I are both traveling from Oregon to get our bands put on August 6. Good luck to all of my fellow August patients! Are you all as excited as I am? I hope so!

Nancy

PS: My BF is really worried, despite all my attempts to reassure him. Anyone else have a nervous spouse/partner?

My name is Leslie and I am also having surgery Aug. 6th. I arrive at the boarder at 8:00 PM and will get driven to the hotel. I live in San Diego and will be going alone. I would love to find someone else who will be there at the same time for support. I am just a little nervous, but more excited. When do you both arrive at the hotel?

Hi Leslie!

I think Joanna and I arrive in San Diego around 5 p.m. (I don't have my itinerary in front of me at the moment). Of course we'd love to meet you.

Send me an e-mail to raven_2930@yahoo.com and we'll coordinate details.

I'm really getting excited to go!

Nancy

Hi Leslie!

I think Joanna and I arrive in San Diego around 5 p.m. (I don't have my itinerary in front of me at the moment). Of course we'd love to meet you.

Nancy

Great,

I will email you now.

Leslie

Hi Leslie!

Nancy

I sent an email to your raven address. Did it arrive? It will be great to meet. I am excited too. Just going it alone can feel a little scary. :)

Leslie

Hello, I am a newbie to this site, so don't know if doing this right. I am being banded the 23rd of august. going by myself, having OCC do the banding. if anyone else is going that same day, I arrive the 8/22/07 and leave 8/25/07. hope to see fellow banders there and give me support. Sonjia

Hello, I am a newbie to this site, so don't know if doing this right. I am being banded the 23rd of august. going by myself, having OCC do the banding. if anyone else is going that same day, I arrive the 8/22/07 and leave 8/25/07. hope to see fellow banders there and give me support. Sonjia

Hi Sonjia,

I am arriving on the 23rd and being banded on the 24th. Maybe we will see each other at OCC. I will check on you!

Dottie

I sent an email to your raven address. Did it arrive? It will be great to meet. I am excited too. Just going it alone can feel a little scary. :)

Leslie

Leslie, I didn't get your message! Crap! Did you send it to raven_2930@yahoo.com?

Don't worry girl, we'll figure this out! No way you have to feel like you're going alone.

Nancy

hi.. my surgery is on august 17th.. and im flying solo, too. im coming from the dallas texas area. :lol:

Hi 2 the beach. I'll probably see you because my surgery is the 16th of August. Have you started the pre-op diet yet?

Hi 2 the beach. I'll probably see you because my surgery is the 16th of August. Have you started the pre-op diet yet?

hi dawn. :) my real name is dallas and i look forward to this so much !!!!! i have started the pre-op diet but i am TERRIFIED that i will not lose as much as im supposed to! i only started the pre-op diet yesterday - im sure i will get used to it, i will do anything i can to make everything go as smoothly as possible. i weigh 274 and am supposed to lose 15 lbs ? approx, i think. ..its been so long since i have felt 'real' hunger pains' ....lol.. im feeling them now...

have you started the pre-op diet yet? i talked to dr miranda and she said to do the protien shake/protien shake/ lean cuisine plan 2 weeks prior to my surgery.

it looks like there are 5 of us lucky ladies getting our bands on the 8/17/07 weekend- unless i counted wrong :rolleyes:

wee- hee ! i am traveling alone but i dont mind :) i have LOTS of support waiting for me back at home

and i wont feel alone with all of you down there too

Leslie, I didn't get your message! Crap! Did you send it to raven_2930@yahoo.com?

Don't worry girl, we'll figure this out! No way you have to feel like you're going alone.

Nancy

Nancy,

Yes, I emailed to raven_2930@yahoo.com. I will try again. I would like to meet up at the hotel if we can. I will probably get there too late for dinner, but maybe figure a way to meet in the lobby or something. I'll try your other email again. Thanks for getting back to me. :)

Leslie

Nancy

Nancy,

I thought you could try my email. Maybe that will work. Mine is: hikingleslie@yahoo.com. I double checked and I did use the correct email for you.

Leslie