Just back home

I got home yesterday, having travelled all day. I'm tired, and my left shoulder really still hurts from gas pain. I had broth on the plane ( I bought some dried Knorr broth in TJ) and some diluted juice, but that gave me the runs - not fun on a 5 hour flight...

I did lots of walking, am sipping broth slowly and have eaten some low cal jello.... still lots of gas. ANy suggestions for getting rid of the gas. Also I have a general ache at the top of my belly- presumably above the band - after I've sipped or eaten - is that the fill feeling? or is that temporary post surgery ache?Its uncomfortable. I feel like my digestive system is all screwy - the runs, but constipated feeling and gas..... I assume that this too shall pass....

any suggestions?

hi chris.. i just had surgery the 25th of july... All of that describes what i went through.. I bought some LIQUID EXTRA strenth tylenol.. not advil.. and take it twice a day.. evne when i dont feel pain for the first week. it helped with that stomach pain that comes and goes. Chewable gas x helped me too.

also I bougt the therma tape on heating pads.. not sure what they are called and put that on my shoulder pain and it REALLY helped. also.. when i was in lots of pain from the pressure of bloating.. i actual put one of those pads on my stomach.. and believe it or not.. i felt great the next day. IT HELPED ME PASS gas :) sorry for the extra details.. Also.. GREEN tea did the trick for me.. for that runs and costipation feeling.

ALso still keep up the walking. every little bit counts.

My shoulder pain was so bad.. but those heating pads helped.

Hope this helps..let me know if you have any more questions :)

hi chris.. i just had surgery the 25th of july... All of that describes what i went through.. I bought some LIQUID EXTRA strenth tylenol.. not advil.. and take it twice a day.. evne when i dont feel pain for the first week. it helped with that stomach pain that comes and goes. Chewable gas x helped me too.

also I bougt the therma tape on heating pads.. not sure what they are called and put that on my shoulder pain and it REALLY helped. also.. when i was in lots of pain from the pressure of bloating.. i actual put one of those pads on my stomach.. and believe it or not.. i felt great the next day. IT HELPED ME PASS gas :) sorry for the extra details.. Also.. GREEN tea did the trick for me.. for that runs and costipation feeling.

ALso still keep up the walking. every little bit counts.

My shoulder pain was so bad.. but those heating pads helped.

Hope this helps..let me know if you have any more questions :)

Thanks,

I'll try and get some liquid tylenol. My Husband went out last night and cam home with kids liquid tylenol- not so helpful unless I swallow the whole jarful. I've got gasx.

I'm not sure if the pain I feel is hunger ( that's what my brain thinks anyway, because my tummy rumbles like empty tummy and I'm having trouble focussing on tasks at hand.... or if its post surgery gas etc.... so far today i've had about a cup of diet jello and a half cup of chicken broth in two doses and I'm starving... I think...

I got home yesterday, having travelled all day. I'm tired, and my left shoulder really still hurts from gas pain. I had broth on the plane ( I bought some dried Knorr broth in TJ) and some diluted juice, but that gave me the runs - not fun on a 5 hour flight...

I did lots of walking, am sipping broth slowly and have eaten some low cal jello.... still lots of gas. ANy suggestions for getting rid of the gas. Also I have a general ache at the top of my belly- presumably above the band - after I've sipped or eaten - is that the fill feeling? or is that temporary post surgery ache?Its uncomfortable. I feel like my digestive system is all screwy - the runs, but constipated feeling and gas..... I assume that this too shall pass....

any suggestions?

Gas oh Gas...I read that gum works wonders so I chewed like a cow for 4 or 5 days. Have not felt that gas thing again.

flacajackie

Gas oh Gas...I read that gum works wonders so I chewed like a cow for 4 or 5 days. Have not felt that gas thing again.

flacajackie

I walked and walked and walked and walked and used gasX strips and I really didn't have a lot of pain after the first day or two. Best wishes for a apeedy recovery.

any suggestions?

Hi Chris,

I made it home the night of the 17th and I am having lots of pain in the area of my port. No diarrhea, but have been passing lots of gas. I hope You and I feel better soon. I am glad I took a week off work.

Minnie : )

I have my band on 8/17. I still get alot of gas. When you move (like walk or in a car ride) it usually helps release the gas. Like any motion would to a baby.

Hi. I was just banded on 8/23. I feel good except for a little soreness around my port and I'm also having some soreness in my back on the lower left side. I'm also having either hunger pains or gas pains. I used the gas-x strips and that seemed to help. My experience with dr.ortiz and his staff was wonderful. I also met some really nice people while I was there. I hope to keep in contact with them and see how they are doing.

any suggestions?

Hi,

For what it's worth ... when I had the surgery, the shoulder pain was really bothering me so I called OCC to ask if it was okay to use GasX. I was told that the GasX wouldn't help because the pain from having gas, but rather pain from the muscle irritation caused by the gas used in the surgery and that some people were more sensitive to the gas than others and it could take up to two weeks to resolve. In the meanwhile, he suggested Tyenol or Advil.

Hi,

For what it's worth ... when I had the surgery, the shoulder pain was really bothering me so I called OCC to ask if it was okay to use GasX. I was told that the GasX wouldn't help because the pain from having gas, but rather pain from the muscle irritation caused by the gas used in the surgery and that some people were more sensitive to the gas than others and it could take up to two weeks to resolve. In the meanwhile, he suggested Tyenol or Advil.

Sorry... meant to say: pain WASN'T from having gas, but rather....