Chicago area fill doctor

I got a recommendation from this site for a fill doctor in the Chicago area. I had my first fill with him on Aug. 17th and he was great. Very reasonable cost and he uses flouro. If anyone in this area would like his information, let me know and I'll pass it along. TMckee

I got a recommendation from this site for a fill doctor in the Chicago area. I had my first fill with him on Aug. 17th and he was great. Very reasonable cost and he uses flouro. If anyone in this area would like his information, let me know and I'll pass it along. TMckee

Was it Dr. Vitello? Three of us are going to Chicago within the next week or two to see him. I have never been there but the other two going have and really like him.

Hi Lynn,

I hope I get to go with you, but it's not looking too good right now. You will LOVE Dr. Vitello! He's GREAT. He's very nice, and he does a great job. Have you had a fill yet, or will this be your first? I thought it was cool because I got to see EVERYTHING. I felt like I was gonna PB, and I could see what my pouch was doing at the same time. Kinda strange. You'll like him, he's great! You two, don't wait for me if you get a suitable date. Go ahead and go. I think Dave said you were really in need of a fill. I'd hate for you guys to reschedule because of me. Maybe I can catch up with ya for the next fill, if there is one! LOL

Donna

Was it Dr. Vitello? Three of us are going to Chicago within the next week or two to see him. I have never been there but the other two going have and really like him.

Yes, it was Dr. Vitello. Very nice guy and the procedure was very quick and easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lynn!

Glad you liked him! He's great isn't he??? I'm supposed to be going this Saturday for my fill. Wish I could have gone with you guys. I heard you had a lot of fun! Maybe next time. It's a shame we all needed a fill at the same time, and ended up making 3 trips!

Do you think this one may have gotten you to your sweet spot?

I'm hoping for that THIS time! LOL

KatieB

Dr. Vitello is GREAT! He charges $150 for his part. You have to pay cash on the spot for that. Then the hospital will bill you $129 for the fluoro. He does not do fills without fluoro. If your insurance won't pay for the fluoro, then you can tell them, and you will get a good discount off the fluoro bill!!

He is in Downers Grove, IL just west of Chicago. If you are still interested e-mail me at sparks2n2@yahoo.com and I will send you his e-mail address. That is how he sets up appointments!

Donna

• 4 weeks later...

HI This is terbear,

I was just banded on oct 4th in Tj. I would like more info on this doctor. you can send it to me at my e-mail address;

terbear425@yahoo.com

thankyou

terri

Here's Dr. Vitello's email address, jvituic@comcast.net Sometimes it takes him a couple days to get back to you.

Hi Everyone,

I just made an appointment to see Dr.Vitello,I also heard he is great! I have blue cross blue shield HMO and i don't know if the fluro is covered.If it isn't,do you know how much of a discount they give you? I'm so excited because this will be my first fill.I have to admit i'm a tad nervous though.I can't stand needles! What i also liked about Dr.Vitello is that he is available evenings.I wasn't aware that he does appointments on saturdays until i read the posts and that is perfect for me. I'm looking forward to meeting with him.Everyone that i've spoke to says he is really nice and knows what he is doing. I have to travel about an hour but it will be worth it- Have a great day everyone:-)

Hi Everyone,

I just made an appointment to see Dr.Vitello,I also heard he is great! I have blue cross blue shield HMO and i don't know if the fluro is covered.If it isn't,do you know how much of a discount they give you? I'm so excited because this will be my first fill.I have to admit i'm a tad nervous though.I can't stand needles! What i also liked about Dr.Vitello is that he is available evenings.I wasn't aware that he does appointments on saturdays until i read the posts and that is perfect for me. I'm looking forward to meeting with him.Everyone that i've spoke to says he is really nice and knows what he is doing. I have to travel about an hour but it will be worth it- Have a great day everyone:-)

When you go into the hospital in Downers Grove you have to go to patient registration. When your there you have to tell them up front if you have insurance. Your kind of in a dilemma at that moment. If you say you have insurance they will bill the insurance company $129. The minium for a half hour of Fluoro. If you tell them you don't have insurance, they will bill you as non insurured, with a discount, of $103, then at the bottom of that bill, it will say if you pay this bill by a certain date, the bill will only be $88. Either you find out ahead of your fill if your insurance will pay it or do the wait and see deal. If you do the wait and see deal your insurance may not pay, then you may end up paying the the whole $129 the first time. I know someone that did that and their insurance wouldn't pay, now she is trying to get the original bill dropped down to the $88 non insured deal. As of this time and date, I don't know if she has got that done. If she see's this post she may reply to it and update us on the insurance vs. non deal. So, I'd do some phone calling to the insurance company and try to get the scoop first.

• 3 weeks later...
When you go into the hospital in Downers Grove you have to go to patient registration. When your there you have to tell them up front if you have insurance. Your kind of in a dilemma at that moment. If you say you have insurance they will bill the insurance company $129. The minium for a half hour of Fluoro. If you tell them you don't have insurance, they will bill you as non insurured, with a discount, of $103, then at the bottom of that bill, it will say if you pay this bill by a certain date, the bill will only be $88. Either you find out ahead of your fill if your insurance will pay it or do the wait and see deal. If you do the wait and see deal your insurance may not pay, then you may end up paying the the whole $129 the first time. I know someone that did that and their insurance wouldn't pay, now she is trying to get the original bill dropped down to the $88 non insured deal. As of this time and date, I don't know if she has got that done. If she see's this post she may reply to it and update us on the insurance vs. non deal. So, I'd do some phone calling to the insurance company and try to get the scoop first.

I am within two hours of Chicago and was interested in doing the fill there. Did Dr. Vitello get it right the first time? I am reading all kinds of horror stories on other doctors. Dr. Ortiz trained Dr. Peter Rantis on the lap-band procedure in Elk Grove Village. Has anyone gone to him and if so do you know how much it costs? My surgery was four weeks ago Friday. I am thinking of waiting until week 9. Does anyone see a problem with waiting that long for the first fill? I do have some restriction, if I could stay away from the mushy foods. I will be going out of town - a 26 hour drive and I was worried about being uncomfortable. I was quite uncomfortable for 3 full weeks after the surgery. :((

• 2 weeks later...

I just had another fill on 11/9 w/ Dr. V. He is great!! I've had to cancel on him last minute a few times. Work, kids, broke my ankle, etc. He's always very understanding.

There is no "get it right the first time" when it comes to a fill. It can be tight one day and not the next. Or, you can have tightness and no restriction, all in the same day. So... keep that in mind. He's really good at working with you. I ALWAYS have Fluro because I want to know what it is doing. I have him numb the site first (because I'm a whimp) and all is good to go...

I have a LOT of restriction after Friday's fill. In reality, I may have too much. He and I have been emailing back and forth to manage it. Hoping we can go with where we are at.

On a side note, i had my 2nd fill done by a doctor in Grand Rapids, MI. I paid $2K for the fill! It was crazy!!! I'd rather drive 2 1/2 hrs to get the fill done right and at a good price. $150 to fill and $100 to unfill - plus Fluro

I just had another fill on 11/9 w/ Dr. V. He is great!! I've had to cancel on him last minute a few times. Work, kids, broke my ankle, etc. He's always very understanding.

There is no "get it right the first time" when it comes to a fill. It can be tight one day and not the next. Or, you can have tightness and no restriction, all in the same day. So... keep that in mind. He's really good at working with you. I ALWAYS have Fluro because I want to know what it is doing. I have him numb the site first (because I'm a whimp) and all is good to go...

I have a LOT of restriction after Friday's fill. In reality, I may have too much. He and I have been emailing back and forth to manage it. Hoping we can go with where we are at.

On a side note, i had my 2nd fill done by a doctor in Grand Rapids, MI. I paid $2K for the fill! It was crazy!!! I'd rather drive 2 1/2 hrs to get the fill done right and at a good price. $150 to fill and $100 to unfill - plus Fluro

Hi Everyone,

Well I've really been pretty down these past few days.My eating habits have been awful and because of it i'm kicking myself in the ya know what! I am in need of a fill badly!!!! I could have had a fill this past saturday with dr.vitello but i got the email late and missed seeing him.Ahhhhhh!!!! I'm awaiting to hear if he can take me this friday.I was wondering,is anyone going to see him this week? If so let me know,i'd love to chat and it always helps to ease my fear. I'm a big chicken and i too have him numb the site before he sticks me.His assistant patti is wonderful and she is very comforting.He's a great doctor and i'm praying that my second fill will have more restriction so that i can start losing more weight.I'm down 15 pounds but i got on the scale this morning and gained a couple pounds.It was hard for to see that.I'm working out five times a week and ''trying'' to watch what i eat. It does'nt help that my hubby and daughter are junk food junkies either:-)

Take Care,

Have a nice day everyone!

Valerie~

Hi Everyone,

Well I've really been pretty down these past few days.My eating habits have been awful and because of it i'm kicking myself in the ya know what! I am in need of a fill badly!!!! I could have had a fill this past saturday with dr.vitello but i got the email late and missed seeing him.Ahhhhhh!!!! I'm awaiting to hear if he can take me this friday.I was wondering,is anyone going to see him this week? If so let me know,i'd love to chat and it always helps to ease my fear. I'm a big chicken and i too have him numb the site before he sticks me.His assistant patti is wonderful and she is very comforting.He's a great doctor and i'm praying that my second fill will have more restriction so that i can start losing more weight.I'm down 15 pounds but i got on the scale this morning and gained a couple pounds.It was hard for to see that.I'm working out five times a week and ''trying'' to watch what i eat. It does'nt help that my hubby and daughter are junk food junkies either:-)

Take Care,

Have a nice day everyone!

Valerie~

Hi Valerie!! It was nice meeting you in Chicago last night! Wish I had seen the post before I went, then we could have talked longer! How did your fill go? I was SO glad everything was OK with my band. However I was only able to tolerate 2.25cc's this time. At my last fill with Dr. Vitello I had 2.5cc's. I think since my band has been empty for over a week, maybe my stomach walls thickened??? Who knows, but I feel restricted a little already.

Seriously, don't worry, you WILL get the proper restriction eventually. It just takes longer for some of us. I gained 2 pounds since my band was empty for over a week, so I know the band IS working, when there is saline in it! LOL

Don't worry about 2 pound fluctuations. They ALWAYS come back off. Being a female has A LOT to do with that!

Talk to you later!

Donna