How long is normal swelling?

rewop

I just got banded Wednesday Jan 11, 2006 been home since yesterday, feel SUPER bloated. I am being told that it is the swelling and that walking will make it go down. Went walking for about :30 min today and have been trying to walk as much as possible. But can't seem to get much down, I take make be one or two sips of Gaterade and thats it I am super full. Had 3 tablespoons of broth and that was it. Also feel VERY gassy, needed some advice do feel very swollen, how long has it take for others of you??

Thanks, for your help.

Allan H

San Diego, Ca

Hi Allan For me it was about 2 weeks before I even felt hungry again and my Dr. said that was a good sign that the swelling had gone down. The gas is uncomfortable but should subside in about a week and yes the walking will help to get rid of it. Just remember how important it is to stay hydrated and sip water as often as you can. My Dr. told me to drink out of coffee stir sticks to lessen the amount of air I swallowed when I drank to keep from producing more gas. Congratulations and good luck on the journey ahead!