Fill Centers USA

I have used the one in Atlanta and was very pleased with it. The only problem I have is that you have to have a flouroscope every fill and the cost will be $280.00 for your second and beyond fills. I have had one fill so far since I had surgery in June 2007. I need another one but can't afford the $280.00 at this tme.

Rhonda Gabriel

It would be great to hear from people who have gotten their fills at one of the Fill Centers (click here for site). There is one about an hour from me so I was considering going there for aftercare. If you have used that one (Roswell, GA) or another one, please share your experiences.

I have used the one in Atlanta and was very pleased with it. The only problem I have is that you have to have a flouroscope every fill and the cost will be $280.00 for your second and beyond fills. I have had one fill so far since I had surgery in June 2007. I need another one but can't afford the $280.00 at this tme.

Rhonda Gabriel

Thank you Rhonda for your reply!

• 4 weeks later...

Had my 2nd fill done 1/5/08. Darlene is wonderful!

Rhonda Gabriel

I used the one in Roswell also. I have to say after reading stories of people getting stuck several times before finding the port, I didn't mind paying the extra for the Fluro. She is excellent and the two fills I had there she hit the port the first try each time :)

• 3 weeks later...

Rhonda Gabriel

That's good to know about how much it will cost for the fill.

I was just discussing with a friend that there was a center here in Vegas, but she said that she heard they cost alot.

My only concern is, by the time I get done paying for the trip to TJ (gas or flight, hotel room, loss of pay for taking time off, etc.), it will cost me more than it would just to drive 10 miles.

I dunno, I will have to give it some thought...

Kilani

• 4 weeks later...
It would be great to hear from people who have gotten their fills at one of the Fill Centers (click here for site). There is one about an hour from me so I was considering going there for aftercare. If you have used that one (Roswell, GA) or another one, please share your experiences.

has anyone used a fill center in the Tampa Bay area?

Hello,

I am just starting my Lap Band journey. Can someone please tell me what a flouroscope is?

Its a live, instant xray. They'll shoot the xray at your stomach and the results show up on a TV monitor. You can watch the barium go down your throat in enter your stomach as its happening.

Has anyone had a problem getting a fill from a center that did not supply the surgery? I am just concerned that getting the band in Mexico will limit where I can get the fills done. I live in Bermuda so it's not economical for me to travel to the West Coast every 6 weeks to travel down to TJ for an adjustment. Let me know!!

• 1 month later...

I was going to use Fill Centers USA in Mount Laurel, NJ, until I read on their disclaimer page

that if they punctured my tubing or damaged my port, they would NOT pay to repair it !

Are they out of their minds ? If they break it, they'd darn well better fix it ! I would LOVE

to be able to drive up, get a fill and go home (Mt Laurel is 150 miles from me). It is so much

easier, and cheaper than flying across the country for 2 days to go to TJ - but I know in my

soul that if there were any mishap during my fill at the OCC, they'd happily fix it - on the spot

at no cost. (now if I break it, thats another story).

Anyway - it certainly gave me pause -- next fill I think I'll call and ask them about it - but it

was a show stopper for me this time!

Lisa