I am not losing any weight

suefromca

I was banded on June 18, since then I have had about 3 fills with the last being on Nov 6. Up until then I was losing weight at about 10-12 pounds a month. Since Nov I have only lost 3 pounds. Most of the time when I eat, unless it is liquids or soft foods I end up feeling sick. I no even attempt to try to drink when I eat and my sugar cravings are crazy. I kept a food diary and I am eating anywhere from 800 to 1500 calories a day. I haven't been super good about exercising but I do walk. Is there something wrong. I am afraid to go back to my doctor because I know he will have a fit that I have only lost 3 pounds in 3 months. Any advice?????????????????

Sue

• 2 weeks later...
I was banded on June 18, since then I have had about 3 fills with the last being on Nov 6. Up until then I was losing weight at about 10-12 pounds a month. Since Nov I have only lost 3 pounds. Most of the time when I eat, unless it is liquids or soft foods I end up feeling sick. I no even attempt to try to drink when I eat and my sugar cravings are crazy. I kept a food diary and I am eating anywhere from 800 to 1500 calories a day. I haven't been super good about exercising but I do walk. Is there something wrong. I am afraid to go back to my doctor because I know he will have a fit that I have only lost 3 pounds in 3 months. Any advice?????????????????

Sue

your doctor better not have a fit! show him/her the diary!

Everyone plateaus! It can linger. Usually exercise and lots of water, changing your diet to a higher percentage protein can help! I feel your pain- I am on liquid supplemented with protein- I basically have been eating 300-400 cals a day and nary a pound lost!

Sue

What is your diet like? Why are your sugar cravings so bad? Could it be your sugar or carb intake now?

I know the weight loss tapers, but I think you should just look specifically at your diet & exercise. There could be something in either one. Maybe you need more cardio workouts or perhaps some of the food choices are high in trans fats. It's hard to tell, but I think you definitely need to have a consultation with your nutritionist. Don't afraid...that's what they're there for. They want us to succeed & they can't help if they don't know what's going on.

Good luck,

Kilani

• 1 month later...