I think I am doing something wrong

I got banded on 1/18. I feel soo hungry already. They said I shouldn't feel hungry. On the 4th day I ate 1/4 of a quesadilla. I chewed until it was liquid, it took me like an hour to eat that, because I was soo hungry. I don't want to mess up my band so I started to drink the yogurt and when I drink it I feel stuffed even after a few sips. Do you think my band slipped? I am so nervous.

I got banded on 1/18. I feel soo hungry already. They said I shouldn't feel hungry. On the 4th day I ate 1/4 of a quesadilla. I chewed until it was liquid, it took me like an hour to eat that, because I was soo hungry. I don't want to mess up my band so I started to drink the yogurt and when I drink it I feel stuffed even after a few sips. Do you think my band slipped? I am so nervous.

Hi Fat2Fab. I got banded also that day! I wasn't hungry, although on day 4 I was having head hunger. I made dinner for the family and thought---yummm and why am I drinking chicken broth and they're eating a great meal? If you were full on the yogurt, I'm pretty sure you're ok. I wouldn't try to eat solids though yet or it will slip(rip the stitches). Try and find something to do that will distract you. Popsicles are great with me--oral fixation LOL! Brushing your teeth helps, or maybe a lifesavers mint? When in doubt ask OCC.

DO NOT EAT ANYTHING SOLID UNTIL 3 WEEKS AFTER SURGERY!!! ok.. i'm not yelling, but this is so important!

Only take in things you could take through a straw.

If you are filing up on just a little liquid yogurt you aren't really hungry. Make sure you are keeping very well hydrated! Sometimes dehydration feels like hunger.

If you are truly feeling hungry or getting light headed check in with Dr. Miranda at the clinic (ext. 86) but don't eat until day 22 after surgery unless she tells you its OK!!

We aren't trying to deprive you, we just want to make sure all your surgery swelling is down prior to you eating solid food. Its for your safety and success!

CRYSTAL, IS THAT YOU. IT'S JOHNNY. YOU ARE'T SUPPOSE TO EAT UNTIL FEB 7TH. YOU HAVE NO FLUID IN THE BAND YET. THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO EAT UNTIL THE SWELLING GOES DOWN AND THE BAND IS IN PLACE. LET ME KNOW.

Yeah, that's her, Johnny! How's my Trailblazer? LOL I am gonna call you in the morning to find out.

Anyways, she is being naughty..but I think it's just bc she has the same problem any of us have...it's the oral fixation. I so wanna taste the food I am smelling, but know I can't eat it.

Someone told me that she had the same problem (although she is not a bandster, YET)....& she would taste the food, then spit it out if she just couldn't help herself! LOL

I been losing nearly 2lbs per day, Krystal....you can do it too! Just give yourself some credit for coming this far & don't let it get the best of you. You will be fine...just call me or Johnny....we're here for you, girl!

Take care,

Kilani

Yeah, that's her, Johnny! How's my Trailblazer? LOL I am gonna call you in the morning to find out.

Anyways, she is being naughty..but I think it's just bc she has the same problem any of us have...it's the oral fixation. I so wanna taste the food I am smelling, but know I can't eat it.

Someone told me that she had the same problem (although she is not a bandster, YET)....& she would taste the food, then spit it out if she just couldn't help herself! LOL

I been losing nearly 2lbs per day, Krystal....you can do it too! Just give yourself some credit for coming this far & don't let it get the best of you. You will be fine...just call me or Johnny....we're here for you, girl!

Take care,

Kilani

HEY KILANI, I JUST GOT THE OK FROM GE AND I ORDERED THE PARTS THIS MORING AND WILL HAVE THEM THIS AFTERNOON. IF I CAN I WILL FINISH THE REPAIRS TODAY. CALL ME WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE. I ALSAOHAVE LOST APPROX. 1-2 LBS A DAY. I WAS 270 ON THE 18TH AND I WAS 259 THIS MORNING. TALK TO YOU SOON.

CRYSTAL, YES IT DOES SUCK NOT EATING, I FEEL HUNGRY AT TIMES AND MY STOMACK GROWLS BUT DRINK SOME WATER W/ BENIFUL AND IT WILL TAKE THE HUNGER AWAY BUT NOT THE MENTAL HUNGER. I HAVE BEEN CHEWING GUM TO KEEP MY MIND OFF IT AND DRINKING ALOT OF BROTH.. STICK WITH IT AND CALL ANYTIME IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO.

LATER,

JOHNNY

HEY KILANI, I JUST GOT THE OK FROM GE AND I ORDERED THE PARTS THIS MORING AND WILL HAVE THEM THIS AFTERNOON. IF I CAN I WILL FINISH THE REPAIRS TODAY. CALL ME WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE. I ALSAOHAVE LOST APPROX. 1-2 LBS A DAY. I WAS 270 ON THE 18TH AND I WAS 259 THIS MORNING. TALK TO YOU SOON.

CRYSTAL, YES IT DOES SUCK NOT EATING, I FEEL HUNGRY AT TIMES AND MY STOMACK GROWLS BUT DRINK SOME WATER W/ BENIFUL AND IT WILL TAKE THE HUNGER AWAY BUT NOT THE MENTAL HUNGER. I HAVE BEEN CHEWING GUM TO KEEP MY MIND OFF IT AND DRINKING ALOT OF BROTH.. STICK WITH IT AND CALL ANYTIME IF YOU NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO.

LATER,

JOHNNY

Hi Johnny! I didn't eat anymore food, I switched to the yogurt drink and I dn't feel hungry. My stomatch would growl and hurt but the yorgurt helped alot. I started school so I am busy with studying and working so I try not to think about food too much! How are things going over there? Good I hope Keep in touch!

Best wishes,

Krystal

PS I am losing a pound a day too!

Hi Johnny! I didn't eat anymore food, I switched to the yogurt drink and I dn't feel hungry. My stomatch would growl and hurt but the yorgurt helped alot. I started school so I am busy with studying and working so I try not to think about food too much! How are things going over there? Good I hope Keep in touch!

Best wishes,

Krystal

PS I am losing a pound a day too!

THAT'S GREAT, KEEP IT GOING. I AM STILL HUNGRY BUT I AM NOW EATING THE HEAT AND SERVE CREAMY SOUPS WHICH TASTE GOOD AND SNEEKING A SPOONFULL OF ICE CREAM WHICH IS REALLY GOOD. ANYWAY, WHEN WE ARE ALL READY FOR OUR FILLS WE ARE GOING TO PATY IN TJ. KEEP IN TOUCH ON A GOOD DATE THAT WE CAN ALL GO AT THE SAME TIME. TALK TO YOU SOON

LATER,

JOHNNY

THAT'S GREAT, KEEP IT GOING. I AM STILL HUNGRY BUT I AM NOW EATING THE HEAT AND SERVE CREAMY SOUPS WHICH TASTE GOOD AND SNEEKING A SPOONFULL OF ICE CREAM WHICH IS REALLY GOOD. ANYWAY, WHEN WE ARE ALL READY FOR OUR FILLS WE ARE GOING TO PATY IN TJ. KEEP IN TOUCH ON A GOOD DATE THAT WE CAN ALL GO AT THE SAME TIME. TALK TO YOU SOON

LATER,

JOHNNY

I don't care when we go. Just let me know when. I had an idea that we party on a Friday nite, then get banded on Saturday. That way we can enjooy our partying without worrying too much about the band. There is a possibility that after a fill you may be sensitive in the stomach.

Let me know if that works for you! Tell Sandy we said HI! :-h

I don't care when we go. Just let me know when. I had an idea that we party on a Friday nite, then get banded on Saturday. That way we can enjooy our partying without worrying too much about the band. There is a possibility that after a fill you may be sensitive in the stomach.

Let me know if that works for you! Tell Sandy we said HI! :-h

YAY! I can't wait!!

Johnny, let us know if we're going to celebrate your birthday when go to get our fills. I just need the dates so I can get the time off from both jobs...& maybe a flight to SD (in case I leave my car w/u).

Krystal I am so proud of u, girl! I can't wait until we go back for some 100 year Tequila!!! Just watch how many I have...this LapBand made me a light-weight! LOL

I'm busy working all weekend...I'll call u on Monday when I get a chance.

Malama pono,

Kilani