One more question about telephones

I have a cell phone but it is a Net10 and I don't think I can call home with it once I am in Mexico. I have heard the Center has phones you can use but do they let you use them to call America? My sister - who is the only family member who knows I am going, wants a call after surgery to know I am ok.

I WAS WONDERING ABOUT USING MY CELL PHONE AFTER I LEAVE THE HOSPITAL AND AM AT THE HOTEL?? DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH THAT'LL COST? I HAVE AT&T. SEEMS I READ AHILE BACK THAT MEXICIAN PHONE CO. ADD ADDITIONAL CHARGES SOME HOW...... ANY ONE MAKE CALLS IN MEXICO WITH AT&T?? ANY EXTRA CHARGES?? MANY THANKS!!

DARLENE :-h

I WAS WONDERING ABOUT USING MY CELL PHONE AFTER I LEAVE THE HOSPITAL AND AM AT THE HOTEL?? DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MUCH THAT'LL COST? I HAVE AT&T. SEEMS I READ AHILE BACK THAT MEXICIAN PHONE CO. ADD ADDITIONAL CHARGES SOME HOW...... ANY ONE MAKE CALLS IN MEXICO WITH AT&T?? ANY EXTRA CHARGES?? MANY THANKS!!

DARLENE :-h

If you don't have International calling on your cell phone, use the phones at the OCC clinic,, They are free for OCC patients. You also have free access to their computers while your there. The Lucerna has free use of their computers too. You can use your cell phone if your high enough in TJ to access an American Cell Tower across the border. Just check your cell phone and see what tower it is using at the time you want to make the call.. For an example,, if your have AT&T cell service,, your phone will show if your accessing a AT&T tower,, If your phone shows something like MexTel or something you've never heard of,, beware,, you'll be charged big $$$ for that phone call. Also,, Mexican cell providers use auto dialers to call American cell phones after you cross into Mexico. If your cell phone rings and the caller ID doesn't show who's calling you,, don't answer,, as soon as you do,, you've made a contribution to the Mexican cell phone company. I have AT&T service and I was able to use my cell on the second floor of the OCC clinic and if I walked outside on my room balconey at the Lucerna I could pick up a AT&T tower on the American side of the border. It just depends on where your at in TJ if you can use your cell phone and not be charged big $$$.