One week from today!

I am so excited! Not only about my surgery, but also about seeing other parts of the country. We are staying in San Diego on our last night and I have always wanted to see California! I have only been out of Mississippi a few times in my life..I am a country girl! LOL

My pre-op diet is going along as planned. I am doing great and can't wait to drop these pounds. =D>

I am so excited! Not only about my surgery, but also about seeing other parts of the country. We are staying in San Diego on our last night and I have always wanted to see California! I have only been out of Mississippi a few times in my life..I am a country girl! LOL

My pre-op diet is going along as planned. I am doing great and can't wait to drop these pounds. =D>

HEY KIMMIE,

IT'S GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER!!!!! I DID REALLY WELL ON MY PRE-OP DIET... AT FIRST! :o NOW, NOT SO MUCH! I'M MAINTAINING THE 4.5 lbs. THAT I LOST, BUT NEED TO LOSE A FEW MORE. GOTTA GET MY CRAP TOGETHER!! I JUST HAD A SLIM FAST FOR BREAKFAST AND I'M GOING TO CLEAN HOUSE AS SOON AS I'M DONE HERE ON THE COMPUTER. I'LL BE KEEPING BUSY TODAY, GOTTA TAKE OUR DAUGHTER TO THE DENTIST.... HOPEFULLY KEEP MY MIND OFF FOOD!! <_<

I THINK IT'S GETTING WORSE FOR ME AS THE DAY [sURGERY DAY] GETS CLOSER. HOW ARE YOU HOLDING UP??

GOOD LUCK!!!

DARLENE

Darlene,

My scheduled date for Surgery is Monday, and I have only managed to lose 3 pounds. I was first going to have my surgery done at UCSD, so they put me on a 2 week pre-op LIQUID diet. My breakfast was a Yoplait Light, and OJ, my lunch, 1/2 cup cottage cheese and an Atkins shake, my dinner was the same. I could have a cup of coffee in the morning with sugar substitute and nonfat milk. I could have up to 3 sugar free fudgsicles a day. I could have an unlimited amount of sugar free jello and sugar free popsicles a day. A week into this, and I only lost 3 pounds. Then I changed everything over to OCC, and they tell me I can have Lean Cuisines for dinner, and minestrone soup for lunch. Ive kept everything the same except I have the Lean Cuisine for dinner. Nothing has changed and I feel horrible about it. I don't know if I am possibly not getting enough calorie intake, or if this is my condition, polycystic ovarian disease (PCOS) taking over. It makes me gain weight and also it is very hard to try to lose it. I am insulin resistant too. As much as my surgery is constantly on my mind, so is the picture of the scale going from 220 to 217 to 218 to 217, ugh!

Just wanted you to know you're not in it alone. This is simply WHY we are getting the lap band to begin with, and we just have to remember that. :)

Do ya'll think I should just go on the 3 shakes a day plan until Monday? I really want that darn needle to move on the scale! :lol:

Thanks for your help and support in advance!

xoxo

HELLO!!

I'M DOING A LITTLE BETTER TODAY.. HAD MY SHAKE FOR BREAKFAST AND COFFEE. I WROTE TO DR. MIRANDA AND TOLD HER THAT I WAS GETTING LIGHT HEADED [ALMOST LIKE HAVING MEDICINE HEAD] AND WAS CONCERNED. SHE TOLD ME TO CUT OUT MY ONE SHAKE AND HAVE AN EGG, 1 SLICE OF WHOLE WHEAT TOAST AND COFFEE INSTEAD. I DO FEEL A LITTLE BETTER.

I WON'T EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING WITH ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS IN IT. SPLENDA, NUTRASWEET, EQUAL AND SWEET N LOW GIVE ME HORRIBLE HEADACHES. :( [i ALSO HATE THE AFTER-TASTE, YUCK!!]

THANKS FOR THE LITTLE PEP-TALK, I REALLY APPRECIATE IT! ;)

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!! DARLENE

P.S. IF YOU CAN DO THE 3 SHAKES A DAY, THAT WOULD BE GREAT!! I COULD NEVER... I SUCK!

HI I AM SCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY. I HAVE DONE TERRIBLE ON PREOP DIET THIS WEEK. I KEEP THINKING THIS WILL BE THE LAST FOOD I SAY GOODBYE TO AND THEN I KEEP HAVING SOMETHING ELSE. HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE. GOOD LUCK!

QUEENIE

I guess I am just so darn determined to lose this weight! The pre-op diet hasn't been bad for me, except at bedtime my stomach hurts with hunger pains really bad. I am doing a shake for breakfast, a lean cuisine for lunch, and a shake for supper. Sometimes I even eat an apple or a banana between lunch and supper. I have lost 12 lbs in the last 3-4 weeks and the other 5 I lost was earlier in the year..but I count it too! LOL (It's only March, right? haha)

I am sitting at 218 right now and want to be at 215 by next Wednesday so that will put me at 15 lbs off for my pre-op diet.

My buddies that are coming with me are not doing so well. LOL They are gonna crash at the last minute! :lol:

Hi Soon to be banded

We should meet up for meals(LOL) .I'm traveling alone for my first fill and if anyone is going to Revolution Drive could I crash as I don't want to go alone, but want to shop. I arrive Tuesday and leave Thursday.

Nicole

Hi Soon to be banded

We should meet up for meals(LOL) .I'm traveling alone for my first fill and if anyone is going to Revolution Drive could I crash as I don't want to go alone, but want to shop. I arrive Tuesday and leave Thursday.

Nicole

HEY KIMMIE... WHAT DAY ARE WE ALL GOING SHOPPING??? NICOLE NEEDS SHOPPING PARTNERS!! ;)

ARE WE GOING WENS???

Hi Darlene,

Do you think we will be well enough to go shopping on Wed, the day we get released from the hospital? I have not done well on my pre-op only because I want to eat the foods now that I know I will not be able to later. I want that mental memory of what junk food tastes like. I am already thinking of where I can get a krispy kreme donut. Bad . and then yesterday my boss gave me a 25 gift card to AppleBee's for giving him a lift to the airport and for doing a good job on my collections. So I told my hubby that we are having lunch there today. I am going to start on my EAS drinks tomorrow and I also have to stop taking my ADD pills, which will not be fun. Saying my sentences backwards, not being able to make the words in my head come out of my mouth :0 should be an interesting weekend. Cant wait to meet all that will be in TJ next week.

Everyone- Have a Happy Easter ><'

We arrive in San Diego Wednesday at 3:46 so I am sure we will be at the hotel shortly after. Hopefully we can go shopping!

Hi Darlene,

Do you think we will be well enough to go shopping on Wed, the day we get released from the hospital? I have not done well on my pre-op only because I want to eat the foods now that I know I will not be able to later. I want that mental memory of what junk food tastes like. I am already thinking of where I can get a krispy kreme donut. Bad . and then yesterday my boss gave me a 25 gift card to AppleBee's for giving him a lift to the airport and for doing a good job on my collections. So I told my hubby that we are having lunch there today. I am going to start on my EAS drinks tomorrow and I also have to stop taking my ADD pills, which will not be fun. Saying my sentences backwards, not being able to make the words in my head come out of my mouth :0 should be an interesting weekend. Cant wait to meet all that will be in TJ next week.

Everyone- Have a Happy Easter ><'

HI HUNNYB,

I'VE READ ALOT OF BANDSTERS POSTINGS THAT SAID THAT THEY SHOPPED THE DAY AFTER THEIR SURGERY.... HOPEFULLY I'LL FEEL AS GOOD AS THEM!! ;) I'M NOT PLANNING ON GOING FOR HOURS, JUST A SHORT OUTING. MY PRE-OP DIET IS GOING SO-SO. I'VE LOST 4.5lbs. AND I'M HOLDING THERE. EASTER DINNER IS GOING TO BE HARD CAUSE I'M COOKING AND HAVING A FEW FAMILY MEMBERS OVER. HOPEFULLY I'LL KEEP IT UNDER CONTROL!!?? :(

SEE YOU THERE, AND HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!

I can relate....although my surgery is not until 4/11/08.. i figured I would start early since they told me I should lose 10pds before surgery and I thought there is no way Im dropping 10pd in 12days???!!!!..

But i lost 2 pds....and put the diet in the back burner...it is so hard... oxxoe said it best... that's exactly why we are having this surgery...

i would not suggest anyone crash though... just because what if u dont lose anything

Hi Guys

The day after banding I went shopping with fellow bandsters.We took a cab to Revolution Drive spent about 2hrs and cabbed it back. We were tired but not to bad. The walking also helped with the gas pain in our shoulders.

Nicole