How to add a ticker to your signature...

I posted these instructions before but it was buried in another thread so here it is for those who still want to add a ticker!

Here is how to make the weight loss tickers (for those who are still trying):

First visit this link (I suggest doing it in a separate window)

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/tick...gner.php?type=3

Select your ticker ruler- click next

Select your ticker slider- click next

Enter in your weight information and create a pin- click next

Use Ctrl+C to cut the text from the first box (aka the bbCode box)

Return to the lapbandforum.com site by clicking on this link to Edit your signature:

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=22

Use Ctrl+V to paste the ticker info into the signature box

Click- Update my signature and you should see the ticker image at the top of that page,

if you see just text something is wrong!

Hope this helps!

I posted these instructions before but it was buried in another thread so here it is for those who still want to add a ticker!

Return to the lapbandforum.com site by clicking on this link to Edit your signature:

Click- Update my signature and you should see the ticker image at the top of that page,

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the fabulous instructions. I would have spent hours trying to figure it out on my own. Best wishes,

Lorraine

Cool thanks for the info its great!

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michelle, I tried the following instructions and it worked for me up to the point of ctrl+C - I have a mac and don't know if that makes a difference. So I copied the little box of my weight and bmi. then I returned to the lapbandpage that has edit signature - but nothing happened. It didn't edit and I couldn't paste what I copied from the ticker factory. Can you tell me what I must be doing wrong?

Thanks, Helen ><'

Hi Michelle, I tried the following instructions and it worked for me up to the point of ctrl+C - I have a mac and don't know if that makes a difference. So I copied the little box of my weight and bmi. then I returned to the lapbandpage that has edit signature - but nothing happened. It didn't edit and I couldn't paste what I copied from the ticker factory. Can you tell me what I must be doing wrong?

Thanks, Helen ><'

It sounds like you tried to copy the picture what you need to do is copy the text that was in the first box labeled BBCode (found below the displayed picture of your ticker)

The text in the box should start like this:

but it will be a lot longer...

I don't use a mac so I don't know the commands on how to copy and paste, maybe someone else can fill in that info! But it's the words (BBCode = Bulletin Board code) that you need to copy!

Hi Michelle,

You are great! It worked....and I'm not exactly computer literate as you must have noticed.

Best, Helen ><'

• 2 weeks later...

Took me several tries - but I finally got it!

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to the site, and completely signature challange. I got the ticker thing down, but how do you add the glitter stars? Also when I do my actual weight info and all that good stuff, it doesn't come out the color I have it set for. Please help!! :

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm at the site and I've picked a ticker but I can't get to the "enter your weight part"; I keep clicking next and it keeps asking me all kinds of fertility questions..........well, not really asking me questions but each time I click "next" it comes up with a different fertility topic I can research if I want.......I can't get past that. Any ideas?? :wacko:

OK, I'm at the site and I've picked a ticker but I can't get to the "enter your weight part"; I keep clicking next and it keeps asking me all kinds of fertility questions..........well, not really asking me questions but each time I click "next" it comes up with a different fertility topic I can research if I want.......I can't get past that. Any ideas?? :wacko:

Make sure that you click the weight loss ticker or the exercise ticker.. Sounds like you clicked the pregnancy one..

Make sure that you click the weight loss ticker or the exercise ticker.. Sounds like you clicked the pregnancy one..

"This weight loss ruler can track your weight loss towards your goal. Display your progress in pounds or kilograms."

This is what is at the top of the page when I select the ticker........maybe the site is down this weekend because it is not doing anything for me. I'll get there!! :angry:

Thank you soooooo much!!!!! Finally I have one too!

Michelle:

Thanks for sharing the info, however I can't get past the part about the slider or whatever the second step is. I've been doing it yesterday and today and nothing. :wacko: BLAH!! I must be computer challenged this weekend (and normally I'm not) because I can't figure out the picture thing. I have my picture in here but you have to click on my name to see it. I followed your instructions on that too (uploaded the picture to photo bucket) but didn't get far with that either. I think I'll try it all again on Monday!