I am very excited about my surgery and have been reassured about so many things but the one thing I have noot read much about is the scars around the incisions? How are they and what have you been putting on them to minimize the scar. help i want to look good and not have noticable scars.

HI MY NAME IS JAS,AND I HAD LAPBAND ON APRIL 13 AND MY SCARS ARE SO SMALL I FIND MYSELF LOOKING FOR THEM.AND IN TIME I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO FIND ONE OF THEM.I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT ABOUT THE SCARS.

[ Jas, thanks for the info. it is nice to know that i can look forward to wearnig swim suits and it will not be noticable after awhile 9 days till the big day and i am so excited. thanksquote name=jas' date='May 16 2006, 10:44 AM' post='2363]

HI MY NAME IS JAS,AND I HAD LAPBAND ON APRIL 13 AND MY SCARS ARE SO SMALL I FIND MYSELF LOOKING FOR THEM.AND IN TIME I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO FIND ONE OF THEM.I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT ABOUT THE SCARS.

Hola Chrissys,

I had my surgery on March 24 and I have two middle ones about 2 inches and one right one left side 1 inch. Mine are healing but I don't know what to put on them but neosporen. When are you having your surgery? Where? It is a piece of cake and you will be happy you did it. I am, I anxious to see results.

Good Luck!

hi i am having my surgery on may 25th i can't wait it is in tj with dr ortiz. i am flying down from washington but grew up in so cal so i know tj very well and am totally confortable down there thanks

Hola Chrissys,

I had my surgery on March 24 and I have two middle ones about 2 inches and one right one left side 1 inch. Mine are healing but I don't know what to put on them but neosporen. When are you having your surgery? Where? It is a piece of cake and you will be happy you did it. I am, I anxious to see results.

Good Luck!

The printed post op instructions given at the time of discharge from the OCC say to cleanse the wounds with soap and water during showering. Let the surgical glue come off by itself and resist the urge to scatch it after a few days.. the itching just means you are healing. I'm a month post op and my wounds are thin tho still pink. I have every confidence they will fade with time. If you want to look at some pictures check out www.lapbandtalk.com and you can see the link for viewing pics people have posted of their incisions. Keep in mind that girth of your belly and wound healing complications like diabetes and smoking can interfere with wound healing.

I too worried about the scars as I had not had any surgeries or markings on my abdomen. I have found a wonderful product that I used when I had my breast reduction surgery. It is called scar guard. It is silicone based and you put it on like nail polish. It will dry and form a covering. You do this twice a day after the scar has closed and you are not putting it on a fresh scar that has closed all the way. It works like a dream. My scars are not even pink anymore and I had my surgery March 24.

I too worried about the scars as I had not had any surgeries or markings on my abdomen. I have found a wonderful product that I used when I had my breast reduction surgery. It is called scar guard. It is silicone based and you put it on like nail polish. It will dry and form a covering. You do this twice a day after the scar has closed and you are not putting it on a fresh scar that has closed all the way. It works like a dream. My scars are not even pink anymore and I had my surgery March 24.

HI NURSEY

WHERE DID YOU FIND THE SCAR CREAM?

I am very excited about my surgery and have been reassured about so many things but the one thing I have noot read much about is the scars around the incisions? How are they and what have you been putting on them to minimize the scar. help i want to look good and not have noticable scars.

Hello there Chrissysdolphin,

I was banded on April 18 by Dr. Ortiz in TJ. I have four tiny (maybe a quarter inch) incissions scars and one scar ( where my port site is) that is approximately one and one fourth inches. The highest scar is about where the band of my bra would rest. Now my girls are 36DD's and I elected to wear a good support sports bra for a few days just to be more comfortable and so my incission site could breathe. lol I also decided to go to IVORY SOAP for my showering, because it is a product with no additives, just pure natural ingredients and I used it to bathe my babies when they were little with delicate skin.

My surgical sites have healed just fine and although I used to tan in a tanning bed, my personal preference was to stop doing this. I feel that my scars will be ever so slight and I'd just bet that you'll be wearing a two piece bathing suit in no time at all!

You have the best surgeon available and rest assured all will go well! Let us hear from you and I'll be thinking of you! :)

Hugs,

Dreamer

hi i am having my surgery on may 25th i can't wait it is in tj with dr ortiz. i am flying down from washington but grew up in so cal so i know tj very well and am totally confortable down there thanks

I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Ortiz on May 25th!!! I can't wait! See you & Eric there!!! :rolleyes: