:unsure: Hi everyone. 4/11 is right around the corner, I'am so excited!

I was wondering if anyone can give me advise about the diet before surgery. Your should be on it for atleast a week right? Can you use slim fast? What works best? I need help :unsure: If I did well on diets i would'nt need this surgery. lol

Thanks Christine

I used slim-fast or the Costco stuff and didn't have any problems with it. Taste was okay for both so it is mainly personal preference.

I am a teacher so I use slimfast at school for convenience. In the morning, I use designer whey protein...my mom had gastric bypass a few years ago and this makes a good shake. You can just hand shake it or put it in the blender (with ice or fruit) for a smoother shake. I don't know if we are supposed to have fruit, but it does taste good! :lol:

First of all you need to read the instruction sheets. Your time on the pre op will be dependent upon which diet option you choose. I started with SlimFast and found it made me too gassy. I switched to EAS Advantage which has 17 grams of protien, only two carbs and is only 110 calories. It kept me fuller longer and if I got hungry, I snacked on sugar snap peas or cucumbers. I also took the metamusil as directed with a lot of water. Just fill up with lots of green veggies and you should do great.

Good Luck!

Arlene

I DON'T REALLY LIKE ANY DIET DRINKS, ICK LOL BUT I DO HAVE THE SLIM FAST HIGH PROTEIN SHAKES IN THE FRIG WHEN I NEED THAT "PICK ME UP" FAST WHEN I'M ON THE RUN. IT HAS TO BE ICE COLD AND I DRINK IT THRU A STRAW.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU :)

I used slim fast and lean cuisines and it worked well.

Dr Miranda should have sent you detailed instructions on what you should be eating and for how long. If you haven't received the instructions you should get in touch with her for advice. I'd hate for a miscommunication to interfere with your surgery.

I'm sure you do have the paperwork from Dr. Miranda but were wondering what "worked" for others... I found that slim fast optima/low carb was good and also the EAS shakes. For some reason the atkins shakes didn't settle well with me. I used a lean cuisine container for portion control but usually cooked my own chicken breast or thigh with a variety of vegetables... if I was still needed some starch I would have 1/2 cup brown rice or something high in fiber to fill me up. I also had a hard time on the pre-op diet and would often "cheat" with some homemade popcorn with I can't believe it's not butter spray and some season salt. not the best and usually just had a cereal bowl full but it really helped me. Good luck ;)

oh yah.. salads.. I ate A LOT of green salad throughout the day. I would take a bag of it to work with the spray dressing and eat at least a bag a day at work and 1 bag at home. I was just so hungry at times and other times just wanted to eat. I made sure to eat a ton of salad and if I was still starving I would have my popcorn.. . also and occasional teaspoon of peanutbutter did the trick.. AGain, this is what worked for me...

We are all rooting for you!!

:unsure: Hi everyone. 4/11 is right around the corner, I'am so excited!

I was wondering if anyone can give me advise about the diet before surgery. Your should be on it for atleast a week right? Can you use slim fast? What works best? I need help :unsure: If I did well on diets i would'nt need this surgery. lol

Thanks Christine

Get as much protein as you can, that will keep you full. I followed the Adkins diet for about 5 weeks prior and since there is so much protein on that diet, you will stay full.