Vitamins and Supplements

I was reading on the OCC site and came across the estore. I noticed that there were vitamins we could purchase. Can anyone tell me what vitamins and supplements we should be on after the procedure? I want to make sure I have everything ready, I leave a week from Thursday....YAH!!!! Thanks for all of your help.

I was reading on the OCC site and came across the estore. I noticed that there were vitamins we could purchase. Can anyone tell me what vitamins and supplements we should be on after the procedure? I want to make sure I have everything ready, I leave a week from Thursday....YAH!!!! Thanks for all of your help.

I actually went to Wal-Mart and bought Centrum in liquid form. Taste yecky! It just a regular multivitamin. That's all you really need, when we start eating again our bodies will absorb all the nutrients it needs.

I actually went to Wal-Mart and bought Centrum in liquid form. Taste yecky! It just a regular multivitamin. That's all you really need, when we start eating again our bodies will absorb all the nutrients it needs.

I second that YUCKY Centrum!!! I had the most difficult time taking that stuff. I put it in my protein drink and it was still horrible... It doesn't bother some people but I didn't like it at all!

Hanna :)

we own an herb store...i intend to use source of life adult liquid, tastes fruity, kind of like a mango. i usually put in a protein drink anyway, but still tastes good. :P

I used that while I was in the liquid phase, but eventually even that just got too yucky for me and I couldn't even stand the smell of it. I now use a multivitamin capsule which seems to go down okay.

• 1 month later...

My Source of Life liquid multi is great. taste, well it is a tangey, fruit taste. If you think yours is tasting bad, look for a multi with out iron. It is usually the iron gives vitamins such a distinct taste.

fyi

reneej

Can we not take regular swallowable (is that a word??) vitamins?? Does it have to be liquid or chewable??

The chewable and liquid vitamins are mainly for the first few weeks post op when you're on liquids only...

Some bandsters find that after banding (when still swollen) and after a good fill that it is hard to get vitamins past their band, you can take a regular swallowable (We will make it a word, lol) vitamin but you may want to purchase a pill cutter ($2-$6 at CVS or Walmart) to split the pill in half!

I like the flinstones complete and they have everything in them including iron to keep you healthy esp. in the liquid phase when it is hard to get enough nutrients in liquid calories. I am stressing a little about getting enough calories to survive during that time. I have looked at all the clear liquid things I can think of and there are just no calories to speak of in them.