Talked to Dr. Martinez yesterday

I started back throwing up again yesterday so I called the OCC. They had Dr. Martinez call me back. He said I should not be vomiting on clear liquids. He asked me if I hear a bubbling noise when I swallow I told him yes, everytime. He told me that I have alot of swelling and my band is really tight. I now have to stay on clear liquids until I can start keeping them down and get this..I have to drink with a teaspoon! It is so hard! He told me if I can't get 2 liters down a day I am gonna get dehydrated.

The good part of this is I am losing about a lb a day right now. I just hope I don't get dehydrated.

I started back throwing up again yesterday so I called the OCC. They had Dr. Martinez call me back. He said I should not be vomiting on clear liquids. He asked me if I hear a bubbling noise when I swallow I told him yes, everytime. He told me that I have alot of swelling and my band is really tight. I now have to stay on clear liquids until I can start keeping them down and get this..I have to drink with a teaspoon! It is so hard! He told me if I can't get 2 liters down a day I am gonna get dehydrated.

The good part of this is I am losing about a lb a day right now. I just hope I don't get dehydrated.

Hey Kimmie,

I am so sorry to hear that you are not doing so well right now, but keep your head up, you will overcome this !!

Kimmie,

I am so sorry that this is happening to you :( But I know that you are a strong woman and you will conquer this challenge! Stay strong, and I hope your tummy feels better soon. You're in my prayers sweetie! ><'

By the way, what size band did you get? I got the 10cm one. Talk to you soon!

I have the same size band..the one that holds 4cc and is 10 cm.

Kimmie

I am sorry to hear you are doing so bad. I hope you have some one there for comfort and support. I am thinking of you and sending you best wishes.

Lora

Hang in there Kimmie and keep sipping! I can't imagine drinking by the teaspoon, but you gotaa do what you gotta do!! <_<

Did he say whether you should drink warm or cold? Warm works better for me. Sending good wishes and hugs your way....Darlene ><'

Im and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers..... Everything will turn out well. If you start feeling weak or the symptoms of being dehydrated go and see a Dr. you dont want to end up in the hospital. Even if they can give you an IV with some fluids so your not getting worse. Like I said your in my thoughts and prayers and good luck. Keep us all posted ok.

Tammy

Banded March 10th

Starting weight 243

Preop Diet 219

4-1-08 down to 213

OCC Rocks!

Thanks so much to everyone! ><'

I had a much better day today. I did have some gatorade and it gave me some energy. I have a 3 year old and a 1 1/2 year old so I need all the energy I can get! LOL

I *think* I am gonna try a protein shake for supper since I have had such a good day. Thanks so much for the support. Ya'll mean the world to me.

hey i hope you get to feeling better!!!!!! i'm prayin for you!!!!! God Bless