Found a great protein tasting powder!!

mona-camille

It's GNC 100% Whey Protein Chocolate Caramel flavor. 21 grams of protein and it actually tastes great! I was reluctant to try it because I haven't heard of any good tasting powders yet, but I got a small bag and will be getting more for sure! I made mine with water, but the gal at the store said you can use skim milk and I can imagine that would taste a lot better too. Use a blender with some ice, and you have a great tasting smoothie. The gal there also told me the Whey and Soy mixture was very good too, but since they didn't have a small container to try, I didn't get than one. I don't want to spend $30 or $40 on something I hate.

One other thing, I thought the recommended amount ( 1 scoop ) made it taste rather weak, so I doubled it and it tasted better, plus the protein was doubled. You can get all your protein for the day in one drink if you do it that way.

It's GNC 100% Whey Protein Chocolate Caramel flavor. 21 grams of protein and it actually tastes great! I was reluctant to try it because I haven't heard of any good tasting powders yet, but I got a small bag and will be getting more for sure! I made mine with water, but the gal at the store said you can use skim milk and I can imagine that would taste a lot better too. Use a blender with some ice, and you have a great tasting smoothie. The gal there also told me the Whey and Soy mixture was very good too, but since they didn't have a small container to try, I didn't get than one. I don't want to spend $30 or $40 on something I hate.

One other thing, I thought the recommended amount ( 1 scoop ) made it taste rather weak, so I doubled it and it tasted better, plus the protein was doubled. You can get all your protein for the day in one drink if you do it that way.

Sounds great how many Calories and Carbohydrates per scoop?

Sounds great how many Calories and Carbohydrates per scoop?

It's 120 calories, 4 carbs and 21 protein.

I made it again with 2% milk, ice and doubled the scoops (one scoop is kind of weak tasting) and put it in the blender and out came the most delicious milkshake! I can't beleive how good this stuff tastes!

Sounds grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!

I have been doing the Optifast and it's been working well but it is a little pricey!!

I checked out GNC.com and saw that it's on sale:

pGNC1-4523245nm.jpg 1lb bag for $11.99

pGNC1-4243552nm.jpg 2lb tub for $19.99

pGNC1-4243559nm.jpg 5lb tub for $37.99

I am assuming you got the small/bag size can I ask how many scoops that includes?

Yup, thats it!!

It is 14 scoops but I would call it 7 because it tastes weak and not so good if only using one scoop. I have been throwing 3 scoops in the belnder, some 2% milk and ice cubes and out comes a fantastic tasting milkshake full of protein. Makes 2 glasses. I can't beleive how great it tastes, and 21 grams of protein per scoop.

Just definitely use double the scoops. If using the recommended amount on the package, it tastes very weak and not so good. Also, make with milk, not water. Maybe that is the secret to protein powder tasting better. I had heard that they all taste horrible, but this one is great and I love it.

Thank you so much! I am trying to search the web to find a protein shake that tastes good, but there are SO many to choose from, my head was spinning! I will go tonight to buy the GNC brand, and maybe try a shake before my surgery, just so I know what to expect. Thanks again for the suggestion! =D>

--Bethany

I've tried it.. its YUMMY... I'm very picky about protein shakes.. and I have to say this is the best one I've ever had... I got it at GNC the other day, I think it was 12.00 for the bag... ><'

Yes, I was afraid to try them too, but this one is great! I'm having some right now.

Ok I tried it, it was Ok but I didn't like the fake caramel taste it was almost too sweet I think, lol.. But my hubby liked it so he says thanks for the tip!! :)

oh no, I'm sorry you didn't like it, but glad your husband did. At least it won't go to waste now. Did you make it with milk and ice and double or even triple to amount of powder? I don't like it at all with water and only one scoop. But my way tastes like a milkshake. MMMMMM

• 2 weeks later...
I read your post and went right out and bought the GNC 100% Whey. It is pretty darned good. Thank you so much for the suggestion. Looking at all the options out there started to make my head spin!!!! :wacko:

Hopefully I wont get sick of it too soon!

Thanks again!!!! ><'

Did you get the chocolate caramel? I love it!! Well, as long as it is made my way. I've been having it for a while now and not yet sick of it. I think after our first fill we aren't supposed to use it anymore. They say we need to get our protein from food not drinks. So, don't stock up too much!!

Just curious, did you try any other flavor? I am kind of afraid to do that. I have heard too many horror stories about proteing powders that I figure I should stay with what I know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mona,

thanks btw for that great tip !! I bought the caramel, vanilla and chocolate (small bags) to try which one I like best ... and the winner is definately CHOCOLATE !! Or even chocolate mixed with vanilla, not so much the caramel.

I just lovvve it ;-) 1 take 1 1/2 scoop and 2% milk and it just taste great. Thank you, thank you, thank you ... can't wait to have some more next week ;-)

~Ute~

Well thats 2 against the chocolate caramel flavor that I like. I think that makes me brave enought to try another flavor now. I liked the chocolate caramel so much I was afraid to try another one flavor, but it sounds like you love the others ones too, so I think I'll give it a try!

Thank YOU!

Well thats 2 against the chocolate caramel flavor that I like. I think that makes me brave enought to try another flavor now. I liked the chocolate caramel so much I was afraid to try another one flavor, but it sounds like you love the others ones too, so I think I'll give it a try!

Thank YOU!

I asked my hubby to try the three flavors and he loves the caramel. likes the chocolate a lot, but does not like the vanilla at all LOL

Everyone's taste is different ... but if you can find the small bag I would definately try the chocolate one ;-)

~Ute~

Do you guys choose to do this powder instead of protein shakes? I noticed it's about 100 more calories to do the shake, but the milk would add calories too. Just wondering? I'm not getting enough protein, about 20 grams short and was wondering myself what to do.

Let me just say one more time that the GNC 100% Whey Protein powder is, in my opinion, the very best. After purchasing it, I also bought the Atkins Advantage ready-made shakes, and the Slim-Fast Optima ready-made shakes. I was very disappointed to find I could barely choke either of them down. On top of everything, they are also MUCH more expensive! Needless to day, I will stick with my tried-and-true GNC mix. Thank you once again for suggesting it. It just goes to show once more that this forum is a God-send! What a wealth of great information and support that can be found! Thanks again! PS--looks like everyone is doing SOOOOO great!! Keep up the good work, Bandsters!

=D>

--Bethany

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mona, I'm going to go and buy some of the protein powder...I have to do this damn pre-op surgery diet, which BTW, I'm having a hell of a hard time with... :(( I will let you know what I think...thanks for the tips...

Angela