Fill Doctors in state of Florida

Hi,

I will be looking for a fill doctor in Florida if I decide not to go back to TJ. Does anyone know of any good ones?

Best, Helen ><'

Hi,

I will be looking for a fill doctor in Florida if I decide not to go back to TJ. Does anyone know of any good ones?

Best, Helen ><'

Hi Helen,

I had wanted to go back to TJ for my first fill, but it's a long ride.

So, I am getting my first fill in Tampa (Fill Centers USA) on April 21. The have another office in St. Pete.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Kate

I am in florida too...just had surgery so it will be six weeks before i need a fill, but I would love to hear how your experience goes when you get back!

Dear Kate,

Thanks so much for the info. I look forward to hearing from you after your fill! And GOOD LUCK!

Best, Helen ><'

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Helen (fatcat)--

Where are you in S. Fla? There is at least one doctor that I know of in Ft Lauderdale that takes Mex banded patients (Dr Robert Marema, US Bariatrics), but the fills with fluoro are pretty pricey. We (teenage daughter and myself) decided to go back to OCC for our first fill, as well as get dental work and zoom. I personally don't know anyone that has gone to Dr. Marema, but it is my understanding that he is considered a celebrity down here in the baratric surgery world. Hope this helps.

Diana

I live in the sarasota area and I went to the St. Pete office bc they offer fluro free of charge. I LOVED THE NURSE! she was awesome! they numb you too- i couldnt feel a thing! I will continue to go to her! Good luck! Make you you pick st.pete bc tampa charges for the fluro!

Hi Diana

Thanks, I am very close to Ft Lauderdale - I go there sometimes to shop etc. I appreciate your info and I will look into this dr.

I'll let you know if I find out anything good.

Helen ><'

Hi Diana and all others who might be interested in getting a fill in Ft Lauderdale Fl.

The doctor's (Dr. Robert Marema) returned my call today to tell me since the doctor DID NOT do my original surgery; he would NOT do my fill. I never had the chance to ask what they charge - too bad - as I looked him up on the internet and he receives rave reviews! Boo hoo! Really don't want to make that looooooooong trip back to TJ. I know there is a place in Tampa, but I have two calls into them and still have not heard; guess I will try them again.

I guess I should be filled about the 16th or later of May so I still have time to keep looking. Please, let me know if you hear of anyone else.

Helen :wacko: ><'

Hi Helen--

Thanks for the update on the Ft Lauderdale doctor. We just got back late last night, or more accurately 1:30am this morning from our fill and dental trip to TJ. That ride really takes a toll. My band feels great-- it's my booty that is killing me - haha. So sorry to have given you outdated information. As of Jan. '08 they had a "Mexico banded patients welcome" banner on their website. I wonder if they have gotten overwhelmed with the number of patients wanting fills locally. The St Pete center sounds like a pretty good option. I have taken flights over to Tampa from Ft Lauderdale before and the flights were relatively inexpensive and took a little over half an hour. I may consider this option for future. Thank you again for the updated info.

Diana

Hi Helen--

Thanks for the update on the Ft Lauderdale doctor. We just got back late last night, or more accurately 1:30am this morning from our fill and dental trip to TJ. That ride really takes a toll. My band feels great-- it's my booty that is killing me - haha. So sorry to have given you outdated information. As of Jan. '08 they had a "Mexico banded patients welcome" banner on their website. I wonder if they have gotten overwhelmed with the number of patients wanting fills locally. The St Pete center sounds like a pretty good option. I have taken flights over to Tampa from Ft Lauderdale before and the flights were relatively inexpensive and took a little over half an hour. I may consider this option for future. Thank you again for the updated info.

Diana

Hi there!

I live in Coral Springs and just found a Dr. that was highly recommended in Margate, FL. It is Dr. Wizman. He uses the floro and does the fills at the hospital. It is expensive though, $230.00 for the hospital, and $75.00 Dr. fee. However, St. Pete is a long drive for me, and I'm not sure I can get back to TJ since I have two children and it is very hard to leave them - one is just 3. I am having surgery 5/7 so will not need a fill before mid-June. The Cleveland Clinic charges $857.00 for a fill!! yikes