additional problems

More to ask... sorry...

Food.. I cannot tell if I am getting enough protein. I am using a salad plate and dividing portions like Dr. Miranda said, and I stop eating when I think I am comfortable. Then, I am fine for about 2 hours, and I start to feel ravenous. I don't think it is head hunger, because it happens most of the time. I cannot tell if I am stopping too soon because I think I should stop, or if I have had enough for the meal. I have been very tired, and think it might be because of less protein and trying to get in my water.. dehydrated.

A problem magnified by this is constipation. I am using benefibre in my coffee, eating fruit and veggies at every meal, and walking for 30 minutes when my knees allow it. I am to the miserable point... suppositories are a flop, and I have resorted to a stool softener, which still hasn't worked. I don't know how to get enough solid fiber without using medication to resolve the issue.

I am feeling very thirsty, tired, and whiney today..... sorry

Awww bless your heart Paula!

I am sure you will learn very soon what amount of food is right for you. You are still new at eating, so just keep experimenting until you get it right.

I am sorry about the constipation. The stool softeners will help soon. I took them religiously when I was pregnant.

Hang in there!

Hi Paula,

I am finding it very difficult to know how much to eat. I seem to do fine with breakfast and lunch, but come dinnertime, it all falls apart. It does not matter how much I eat I have this overwhelming desire to graze all night. I think you should for sure call Dr Miranda, especially because of your constipation problems. Perhaps she could give you more insight into what and how you are eating. I am going to e-mail her to see if there is something I can do to ease this eating urge all night. Please speak to her and let us know how you are doing. Good Luck!!!!

Arlene

Thanks, you two.. I appreciate it.

I will email Dr. Miranda, too

Hugs

I have problems with constipation too. I have taken stool softeners three times since the surgery. The first time, they worked within an hour... the second time, after several hours, I thought perhaps I just THOUGHT I took one, but forgot to (I've done that before). So the next day, I took another, and my guts rumbled for awhile - and then nothing. I finally went on my own a couple of days later. Since the surgery, I've only been able to go three times. (Sorry if this is TMI for anyone) I do know that you need to drink enough water to be able to go (which doesn't make much sense, but whatever), so perhaps you're just not drinking enough?

As for protein, until I get my fill and more used to what I'm supposed to be eating, I've been drinking an EAS shake every day (110 calories and 17 g. protein) and also eating one of their low carb bars (200 calories, 17 g. protein). Since it's just barely over 300 calories, I'm not too concerned about what I eat for the rest of the day, as I know I've already gotten 34 g. of protein.

Hope you're doing better soon. It's sad to see you having so many band issues.

I will add my TMI.....I have the other problem and have had bad unstoppable diarhea for two days...I did go get liquid immodium and I think I am still hydrated enough but it is more that annoying......any body have this problem...I am only 4 days post surgery...thanks for your help!!!!

I forgot to say the immodium made it controllable but didn't stop it.... :-?

I also had this problem for a few days. It went away by itself after I was able to drink protien drinks. Hope your problem gets solved this easily!!!

remember that physcial hunger comes on gradually- head hunger comes on ALL OF A SUDDEN and it comes on STRONG! If you are honestly hungry- make a healthy choice some veggies or drink some more water. It will take a while for your body to realize what you are doing. I learned in the last few months pre-op and post op that hungry was something i needed to get used to - i would never let myself get hungry before the band- YOU CAN DO IT!

More to ask... sorry...

Food.. I cannot tell if I am getting enough protein. I am using a salad plate and dividing portions like Dr. Miranda said, and I stop eating when I think I am comfortable. Then, I am fine for about 2 hours, and I start to feel ravenous. I don't think it is head hunger, because it happens most of the time. I cannot tell if I am stopping too soon because I think I should stop, or if I have had enough for the meal. I have been very tired, and think it might be because of less protein and trying to get in my water.. dehydrated.

A problem magnified by this is constipation. I am using benefibre in my coffee, eating fruit and veggies at every meal, and walking for 30 minutes when my knees allow it. I am to the miserable point... suppositories are a flop, and I have resorted to a stool softener, which still hasn't worked. I don't know how to get enough solid fiber without using medication to resolve the issue.

I am feeling very thirsty, tired, and whiney today..... sorry

I had a small problem with constipation so I called my Dr. and She recomended Mirilax in poweder form. It's a stool softener that totaly dissolves in water. You take it for 7 days and now all is regular again.

Maytee

TMI... TMI.... TMI... (Warning)

I added activia to the equation, too.

Last night I couldn't sleep because I was in so much pain... had to use the heating pad.

Not sure what worked, but today I gave birth to a "guinea pig"... toilet had trouble flushing.

Please, Please don't wait as long as I did to correct the situation. It leaves all those toxins in your body.

Thanks to everyone who responded, and apologies to those I grossed out

I am glad you gave birth!! LOL I am sure you feel better.

My problem is diarrhea so I am on the other side of the tracks. :blink:

Are congratulations in order? ;-)

Actually, yes! LOL

=D>

Hi

I had a problem with constapation on the pre-op diet because of the metamucil tablets. Even though I thought I was drinking enough water Dr Miranda said NO.

I was taking the benefibre when I was on liquids only I was told I didn't need to take it when I was eating real food again although BMs become less frequent, Less food in less waste out.

Nicolek