Questions about fills in Mexico

I wonder if anybody could answer a few questions for me. I am wanting to go back to Dr. Ortiz for my first fill. I have been told that the fill is free, but the fluroscopy cost. I also was told that we have to pay to be picked up at the airport to go have this done. Is this true? Does anybody know how much it cost for the fluroscopy and the ride to the clinic?

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

Somewhere on this forum I saw something about a deal at $299 which pays for the fluoro, one night stay at the Lucerna and round trip in the van to the border. I'm being banded on 4/21...OMG, it's almost here and am planning on going back to Mexico for my first fill. Trust me I will definitely ask! That is a good deal. You can also try emailing Lori.

Barb

If the total package is $299 that sounds like a good deal. I do know fluoro is $100 and round trip transportation is $130.....so that leaves what....$69 for a night at the lucerna. Thats not bad. I am using Fill Centers USA for my first fill due to flight costs, travel time, etc and I am paying $550. But it would cost me $650 for flight and fill package at the OCC and I would eventually have to use the Fill Centers anyway.....so I am going there from the get go. I have requested my medical records from the OCC and will take them with me when I go.

If you don't want to pay the $130 for transportation, you can take the trolly down to the border for the airport, and then take a cab anywhere in TJ for $5. Do not take Yellow Cab, take one of the red city cabs. I had a bad experience with Yellow cab but the red city cabs were top notch. Don't know how much the trolly costs but if you look around San Diego's public transportation websites you'll probably find all the information you'll need.

If you don't want to deal with the public transportation, the $130 for the clinic van is split between everyone riding with you for fills (surgery patients have that cost built into their surgery fee). For instance, if three people are on that ride for fills, it is $130 split three ways rather than $130 each.

I wonder if anybody could answer a few questions for me. I am wanting to go back to Dr. Ortiz for my first fill. I have been told that the fill is free, but the fluroscopy cost. I also was told that we have to pay to be picked up at the airport to go have this done. Is this true? Does anybody know how much it cost for the fluroscopy and the ride to the clinic?

Tanya

I plan on renting a car. Its 30 more dollars to get the special insurance to go into Mexico. OCC is just over the border just after the first stop light. My husband has to work in San Diego that week and I am going to tag along. His work is paying for the rental and I fly free with him. So for me it will be very cheap!

I do think the deal for 299 is worth it if you want to make a little vacation out of it.

Good luck!

Maytee :lol:

I e/mailed Carolyn this week. The special is $275 and it includes round trip from San Diego aiport to the Lucerna , Fill with Fluro and 1 night at the lucerna. They will also pick you up in the morning and take you to the OCC for your fill appt and return you to the hotel when finished. The $275 must be paid in CASH only at the OCC the day of your appt. If you want to stay additional nights at the Lucerna it's $80 per night + tax. The additional nights are paid for at the hotel by you and they do take credit cards.

Hi Tanya,

Somewhere on this forum I saw something about a deal at $299 which pays for the fluoro, one night stay at the Lucerna and round trip in the van to the border. I'm being banded on 4/21...OMG, it's almost here and am planning on going back to Mexico for my first fill. Trust me I will definitely ask! That is a good deal. You can also try emailing Lori.

Barb

I said that... going May 6th, and have already paid by credit card. I think it is a fabulous deal.

I e/mailed Carolyn this week. The special is $275 and it includes round trip from San Diego aiport to the Lucerna , Fill with Fluro and 1 night at the lucerna. They will also pick you up in the morning and take you to the OCC for your fill appt and return you to the hotel when finished. The $275 must be paid in CASH only at the OCC the day of your appt. If you want to stay additional nights at the Lucerna it's $80 per night + tax. The additional nights are paid for at the hotel by you and they do take credit cards.

I forgot that when I paid, it was 275... they had bumped the price down. Also, they DID let me pay by credit card, but I will wait to see if it came out on my credit card bill.

It costs me 250 to fly from Florida to Tijuana, and 275 for the visit, which is cheaper than us driving to the closest fill center, spending the night, and the procedure.

I forgot that when I paid, it was 275... they had bumped the price down. Also, they DID let me pay by credit card, but I will wait to see if it came out on my credit card bill.

It costs me 250 to fly from Florida to Tijuana, and 275 for the visit, which is cheaper than us driving to the closest fill center, spending the night, and the procedure.

Hi,

Where did you fly out of in Florida? We live in Lake County and are flying out of Orlando and the least expensive flight I could find was 350 including taxes and airport charges. We fly out in the a.m. and my hubby and the procedure on Monday the 14th, but for his first fill I would really like him to go back to TJ.

Thanks

Renee'

Hi,

Where did you fly out of in Florida? We live in Lake County and are flying out of Orlando and the least expensive flight I could find was 350 including taxes and airport charges. We fly out in the a.m. and my hubby and the procedure on Monday the 14th, but for his first fill I would really like him to go back to TJ.

Thanks

Renee'

Hey Renee', I flew out of Jacksonville, FL and the cost was $315 (for my original surgery) but when I was thinking about going back for my fill the dates I picked...it was only $250. Not sure when you need to go..but you may want to check with JAX.

Spouse Support...I notice you live in Lake County...I do too...Leesburg...if you would ever want to get together and talk send me a message!

Wow!, thank you all for the help and suggestions. It was very helpful. Is sure nice that there are so many willing to help.

One more question, i want to put a ticker on my profile/messages. I went to ticker.com and made it, how do I get it to post on here?

Wow!, thank you all for the help and suggestions. It was very helpful. Is sure nice that there are so many willing to help.

One more question, i want to put a ticker on my profile/messages. I went to ticker.com and made it, how do I get it to post on here?

You can use this link to edit your signature: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=22