Exercise

When can we start walking on the treadmill? Was it two weeks? I feel like I am ready to start exercising.

I also thought it was 2 weeks. My wonderful hubby bought me an elliptical and I could have sworn drs said 2 weeks before I could use it. Does anybody else know? I was planning on starting this week, but don't want to do any damage. I feel pretty good and want to get back in the habit.

That's great that you guys are already on the exercise bandwagon!! I didn't exercise for oh...about a year and half after my surgery and only lost about 45 lbs without it. I finally realized that I had to get off my hind parts if I wanted to continue losing...

You guys will have much more success than I did and that's GREAT!! I'm a slow learner, I guess! 15 lbs left to goal, and it feels like 150 left...they say the last ones are the hardest. AAARRRGGHHH!!!!

Congratulations on being off to a great start! You guys are going to be skinny and fabulous before you know it!

That's great that you guys are already on the exercise bandwagon!! I didn't exercise for oh...about a year and half after my surgery and only lost about 45 lbs without it. I finally realized that I had to get off my hind parts if I wanted to continue losing...

You guys will have much more success than I did and that's GREAT!! I'm a slow learner, I guess! 15 lbs left to goal, and it feels like 150 left...they say the last ones are the hardest. AAARRRGGHHH!!!!

Congratulations on being off to a great start! You guys are going to be skinny and fabulous before you know it!

Congrats on being so close to your goal, it's amazing how a little bit of exercise can really tighten things up and kick-start your progress!

Thanks Kris! You look amazing! Keep going and you will get that last little bit off! =D>

Kimmie, I started the treadmill, bike, and elliptical 7 days post op, and at 10 days I started lifting weights. I feel awesome, and i started going nuts sitting at home doing nothing. Only 3 days till real food YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

hey girl! I have been wondering where you were and how you are doing! You need to pop in more! I am gonna start the treadmill this weekend since I had a little bit harder time healing than my fellow bandsters. I am looking forward to it. How are you doing on the liquid diet? It is tough, huh?

:lb3: <~~ That's me with all my liquids!

:lb14: You are toooooo funny Kimmie! I am here every day reading everyones post. I'm just not much of a talker! I am doing wonderful! The liquid diet is horrible but I have started eating watery oat meal, tapioca pudding and an occasional bit of this and that. But only 3 more days of liquid hell! I'm glad to hear you are on track now, you had a rough first week. How are all of your friends doing? I am going to see if a can get a fill at 4 weeks, because I have no restriction at all and I don't want to blow it when I start back on real food.

:lb14: You are toooooo funny Kimmie! I am here every day reading everyones post. I'm just not much of a talker! I am doing wonderful! The liquid diet is horrible but I have started eating watery oat meal, tapioca pudding and an occasional bit of this and that. But only 3 more days of liquid hell! I'm glad to hear you are on track now, you had a rough first week. How are all of your friends doing? I am going to see if a can get a fill at 4 weeks, because I have no restriction at all and I don't want to blow it when I start back on real food.

Brittania,

Sounds like you are making some great progress so far, though I wouldn't push it on getting a fill so soon... Even if you feel like you have no restriction now you really wont know till you are on to solid foods and even if you have lost all restriction by that time that doesn't mean you are fully healed and ready for a fill... Sooooooooooooo many of us have gone through the "bandster hell" phase and know what you're thinking and feeling if you're really that concerned about re-gaining weight then I would try returning to some form of the pre-op diet (like replacing one or two meals a day with a shake) it will hopefully keep the scale from creeping back up!!

Again you are doing so well, congrats!