Surgery Rescheduled

I have put off this post because my failure was very hard for me to get over. Dr Jimenez cancelled my August 9th surgery because I could not quit smoking. I didn't stop crying for many hours. My feelings of disappointment and humiliation and failure were overwhelming.

Dr Jimenez gave me a perscription for Chantrix and rescheduled for the 25th. I am so grateful for that medicine. Everything I had tried wasn't working but this medicine works. It doesn't get rid of the want, but it blocks all feelings of need or craving. The rest is just behavioral changes. I only hope I do not gain back the 11.5lbs I lost during preop. I am already back up 2.5lbs.

Anyway, thanks for the support. Hopefully I will beat this addiction and get banded on the 25th.

:(( Oh Wendy, I'm so sorry for you!

Just think of how wonderful it will be to toss all your fat clothes! and then when you buy new clothing, they won't smell from cigarette smoke! Your life will be so much better and you will feel so healthy and good, especially when you look in the mirror!!!!

Keep your head up and keep smiling and just think about how lucky you are that you will be able to have this surgery. Remember, more than half the people in this world don't make the amount of money in one year that this surgery costs. So, just keep thinking positive thoughts and how lucky you are, then you will do just fine! :rolleyes:

Arlene(utahmom)

Wendy, you are doing two of the most difficult things a human being can do. Just being able to beat the smoking for two weeks shows what a strong person you are. If you can get past these two weeks of not smoking and trying to maintain your weight loss, you will be so successful with the band.!

I really admire your strength in attempting these difficult things.

Hang in there!

><'

Jena

You can do this! Keep thinking positive thoughts.....also my brother in law chews the flavored toothpicks...they have given him something to do since he quit smoking...might help you never know!

Wendy~ I wouldnt be down on yourself at all. We all have an addiction. Most of us food. Yours just happens to be cigs too. No big deal. Think about how you'll feel in 1 yr. Thin, and with good healthy lungs!! And what a great way to be a role model for your other family members!! Be strong! It will be worth it!

I have put off this post because my failure was very hard for me to get over. Dr Jimenez cancelled my August 9th surgery because I could not quit smoking. I didn't stop crying for many hours. My feelings of disappointment and humiliation and failure were overwhelming.

Dr Jimenez gave me a perscription for Chantrix and rescheduled for the 25th. I am so grateful for that medicine. Everything I had tried wasn't working but this medicine works. It doesn't get rid of the want, but it blocks all feelings of need or craving. The rest is just behavioral changes. I only hope I do not gain back the 11.5lbs I lost during preop. I am already back up 2.5lbs.

Anyway, thanks for the support. Hopefully I will beat this addiction and get banded on the 25th.

Awww honey, don't beat yourself up. You have nothing to be ashamed of at all. We ALL have huge obstacles to overcome, or we wouldn't be here. You should never feel humiliation for coming here for support. We all need it and now you do too! You'll be fine. I have heard wonderful things about chantix. Just stay on course with your diet, it's only 2 weeks and you can do it!!!! Get yourself on those shakes for lunch and breakfast and a lean cuisine for supper and start walking!! Just go out and do it!! And we will all be behind you 100%.

((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))Ramona (mona-camille)

Hey Wendy,

So sorry to hear about what happened but look on the bright side: at least you aren't on here posting that you had some terrible complication during surgery because you didn't quit smoking and some other uncaring doctors let you do the surgery anyways.

The OCC docs are amazing and they only want what is the best and safest for you!!

YOU CAN DO IT.. and YOU WILL DO IT!!

You will beat it.. the human will is a powerful thing, once we can tap into it. He gave you the tools, now you are doing the work. The only failure is from not having tried at all, and I KNOW, I KNOW you can do this.

I will be waiting anxiously to hear how you are progressing

:lb18:

I wanted to check on you also. I hope you are making huge progress. YOU CAN DO THIS! :cheerleader:

I'm doing fine. Chantrix really does help. It takes away that driving need - the mind still craves. I have 5 days to go.

You can do it! We are all rooting for you and praying for your success.