Shoulder Pain!!!!!!

I read of some of us having port pain but have any of you continue having shoulder pain? I called my Dr. and she told me I could have trapped air and to come in for an X-ray. I got banded on 3-11-08. I think it's very weird, I get real intense pain to where I am rubbing my shoulder and need to take Advil.

I would love to hear some feed back on this!!! :blink:

Maytee

Maytee, yes I do still get left shoulder pain. At first it was very severe - to the point to where I only had to drink 1 swallow of water and it felt like a knife stabbing me. But.....I must say that it is significantly better. Now the only time it hurts is when I overeat or eat too fast. It also seems to hurt worse if I drive just after eating. But it is so bearable. I am sorry you are still having trouble. This is a link I posted previously about shoulder pain post-op lap band...http://www.core.monash.org/assets/documents/research-papers/2005-52.pdf I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I am one week post op and thought I was going to die or wish I would from the shoulder pain last night...and here I am trying to teach school today...the students are at music right now thank goodness!

Shoulder pain can be OUCH! I experienced lots of it; I'm twelve days post-op. I still get it but it is much less. I find that laying on my left side at night helps tremendously. During the day when I get it, I pace back and forth. I do think it comes from things going down our digestive system to fast and maybe eating too much (:I'm not there yet).

What I am experiencing now is terrible pain in my esophagus, the area from my mouth to before my chest. Sometimes it is so bad it is scary. Does anyone have that and if so, do you know what to do to ease it and what causes it?

Good healing to you!

Helen ><'

Mine finally went away after 2 weeks. It was horrible and seemed to get worse when I drank. I hope yours goes away soon.

Shoulder pain can be OUCH! I experienced lots of it; I'm twelve days post-op. I still get it but it is much less. I find that laying on my left side at night helps tremendously. During the day when I get it, I pace back and forth. I do think it comes from things going down our digestive system to fast and maybe eating too much (:I'm not there yet).

What I am experiencing now is terrible pain in my esophagus, the area from my mouth to before my chest. Sometimes it is so bad it is scary. Does anyone have that and if so, do you know what to do to ease it and what causes it?

Good healing to you!

Helen ><'

Sounds like you have irritated your esophagus, usually that happens when you swallow food that isn't chewed well enough but I think you're still on liquids so I guess maybe you're drinking something too spicy (tortilla soup or chili maybe?) or something too acidic (too much orange juice maybe?) and that is causing the irritation take a look at what you're drinking and maybe change it up a bit!!

I read of some of us having port pain but have any of you continue having shoulder pain? I called my Dr. and she told me I could have trapped air and to come in for an X-ray. I got banded on 3-11-08. I think it's very weird, I get real intense pain to where I am rubbing my shoulder and need to take Advil.

I would love to hear some feed back on this!!! :blink:

Maytee

I haven't been banded yet..hoping to get surgery date tommorrow....but when I had laproscopic gall bladder surgery, I had wicked shoulder pain...the best thing I found was putting a blanket in the dryer to warm it up and wrapping myself up in it for awhile...heating pad may work as well...hope you feel better soon!! Cathy