YOU KNOW YOU HAVE AN EATING PROBLEM WHEN.........

I have had a cold for 5 days with some nasty nasal congestion. I cannot taste ANYTHING. When I got home from work tonight my husband had made chocolate chip cookies. I ate 4 of them. I couldnt even taste the first one. I wasn't even hungry. They just SOUNDED good. I have such poor contol. I cant wait for my assistant to be installed in a couple of weeks!

Cookies are a big weakness of mine as well, you learn to not miss the junk food when you're only able to consume a small amount of food...

One thing I will stress is to use the time you're on the pre and post op diets to detox your mind from these cravings and make sure your husband is ready to make the changes too! My husband used to bring me food whenever I asked, and would indulge me with little treats the same way... lol he also had to re-learn that food is meant to be fuel and that continually offering me food could no longer happen, even if he felt guilty eating in front of me he would just have to deal with it!!

Don't let the little hurdles get you down, everyone stumbles!! You just have to get up and say tomorrow is another day where you can only improve on the prior day's shortcomings... Before you know it you'll have a week of great choices behind you and the scale will surely reward you!!

Try to stay strong. I am very lucky in this instance to live by myself. My parents spend the winter with me since I live in Florida, but they are extremely supportive.

Hi nebsmom,

You are not alone ;-) my band date is on April 28 and I already started the pre op diet like a week ago, so far I lost 6 lbs., but then came the wedding of a friend on Saturday ..... All of a sudden I thought -WAIT! This is probably the last "all you can eat" event and head over heels, I went for it. Oh boy did I feel bad about myself!

I am looking so forward to my new tool helping me on my way to a new and healthier life !!!!!

:lb11:

*Ute*

My Band date is May 8 and I am trying really hard to make changes and think like I will have to once I have the band and it is full. I have had will power in the past but it has always been discouraging to lose large amounts of weight and then gain it all back with some which is why I decided to get the band. I keep telling myself. This time whatever I lose pre/post op on the diets will be worth it because I will have the tool to not only keep it off but to keep going.

Hi nebsmom,

You are not alone ;-) my band date is on April 28 and I already started the pre op diet like a week ago, so far I lost 6 lbs., but then came the wedding of a friend on Saturday ..... All of a sudden I thought -WAIT! This is probably the last "all you can eat" event and head over heels, I went for it. Oh boy did I feel bad about myself!

I am looking so forward to my new tool helping me on my way to a new and healthier life !!!!!

:lb11:

*Ute*

Those temptations like wedding, family reunions, birthday parties are the WORST when it comes to temptations... everyone expects you to stuff your face full of food and if you choose to use some restraint and only eat a little you get strange looks and questions about why you're not eating much (lol usually they are asking out of jealousy because they too are gorging on food)..

I live in Las Vegas so there is a buffet on every corner lol, I just told my husband he would have to go alone because the price of admission usually isn't worth it given how little I can eat!!

i love the topic title!! That is too funny. You know what they say: admitting you have a problem is the first step! then recognizing when you do something wrong! Breaking these habits and addictions dont happen over night, and we will all have slip ups, but we need to remember to learn from them. Dont get down on yourself, but next time you see those cookies- just think- are these REALLY worth it? usually the answer is no- once we get good self control- maybe we can just have a bite...but for me, that isnt quite yet hahaha

I think my husband thought that making them while I was at work was helping me! Hes very lean and works out an hour a day so a few cookies for him is nothing. You know how guys are. There is a dozen left and Im not having any today. My pre-op diet starts on Monday. Im geared up and ready. I have been trying to take little bites and chew a ton. Wow, its a reflex to swallow before its totally chewed. I have to keep practicing!! Fortunatly my sweet husband is totally on board with my changes. Though like any good husband would; he always says "I love you just the way you are"

Or you know you have a problem when..............all you think about is food all day long and then can't wait to get home to eat eat eat!!

I am banded but not filled yet and having a horrible time. I decided to go back on my protein shake diet for the time being. It is definitely easier, and forces me to stay away from food.

We all have to find whatever it is that helps us, so good luck with it!!