Low starting BMI Peps - Under 32

I have a starting BMI of 32 and am scheduled for banding on the 22nd of May. I was wondering if anyone here started at roughly that BMI and what kind of success you had.

I am so excited about next month and really appreciate this board.

Thanks! :-h

:lb9:

My BMI was around 39 when I started, but hopefully someone here can give you some advice. Good luck with your surgery.

Im getting banded on the 29th of this month. My BMI is 32 right now. Ill keep you posted!

Hi Ron and Nebsmom: I'm getting banded May 7 and my bmi is 32.6 so we should stay in touch maybe? Sufina

STARTED WITH A 32.6

AM NOW AT 24.1

That is so great Pammie!!

my surgery is scheduled for May 8, My BMI before pre op diet is 34 but I am concerned that they won't want to do the surgery if I lose more than 10 lbs. on the preop diet since it will put me down around 31 or 32.

If they have already approved you for surgery they would expect you to lose weight on the pre-op diet as instructed, so I don't think there is any way they would turn you away for surgery. But you can always email OCC and double check!!

i was concerned about this as well with a BMI of 33.3. I asked OCC and they said any BMI over 30 would qualify. I'd imagine anything lower than that would require comorbidities but that's just my opinion...

I was told by Dr. Ortiz's office since my BMI was low I did not have to do the pre op diet. Did anyone else hear that as well?

YES, I DIDN'T HAVE A PRE OP DIET BUT I DID DIET SOME AS I DIDN'T WANT THE LIQUID DIET TO COME AS A SHOCK TO THE OLD BOD

My BMI was 32.5 when I was approved and 31.8 when I had the surgery. I was given a pre-op diet to follow and I'm glad I did it because I think it really helped prepare for the liquid post-op diet that followed.

My BMI was 33.6 when I registered and I have to do the pre-op diet so that 1.6 must make the difference. Makes me wish I would have lost a few pounds before registering as I am on the diet now and it is not my favorite. Though actually, it is going better than I anticipated...it is nice not having to cook for 2 weeks. =D>