did you bring your own food?

Did you bring your own food to the hotel? Does the hotel provide broths and such? How about on your flights back if you can't take liquids through security what did you eat? I'm looking at 3 different flight transfers and 15 hrs of flight time (that will be rough)

Did you bring your own food to the hotel? Does the hotel provide broths and such? How about on your flights back if you can't take liquids through security what did you eat? I'm looking at 3 different flight transfers and 15 hrs of flight time (that will be rough)

The hotel does have broth, but a cup cost $5 so you may want to bring your own. I brought those little packets of Herb Ox chicken broth and tea bags and the crystal light dry mix. I ended up with tons extra. The hotel gives you 2 bottles of water a day. No, you can't take liquids through security so I just bought juice once I got through security and was waiting for my plane. You can even get drinks on the flight. You can also bring an empty bottle with you to fill with water. Ijust ate at the hotel restaurant before I was banded. And afterwards, I used my own broth.

Hope this helps!!

I did not bring my own food and regret it. I spent way too much money in the hotel restaurant after surgery and "drank" very little. I drank about 1/4 of my apple juice, about 4 spoons of my broth, and about two bites of jello. It's expensive!

I now wish I would have prepared better. To do that, I would have brought the following:

1. Chicken boullion cubes

2. Special K Protien Water Packets - Pink Lemonaide Flavored (or Crystal Light packets)

3. 1 4-pack of jello (not sure if you can pack this in your checked baggage)

4. 4-6 Apple Juice drink cartons (remember you only mix 50/50 with water) (not sure if you can pack this in your checked baggage).

If you bring those items, you won't spend any money on food postop until you get back home! The hotel left us 2 bottled waters a day in our room.

Makes sense to me!

Be sure to bring your chicken bouillon cubes on the plane. We asked the stewardess for a cup of hot water and made our broth right on the plane. It helped us survive!

I did bring apple juice (single servings) and instant boullion. You are not really supposed to take liquids through your first check in. I explained I was going for surgery and was on a liquid pre op diet. Some will let you in and some want documentation. Just copy what OCC sends you about your preop diet, but be prepared, they may make you leave it or trash it. Now you can buy stuff at the airport after you check in and your fine to take it on the plane.

hope this helps,

reneej

The special K protein water mixes helped me. I just bought water once I was through security. Also, if you want to pack apple juice boxes that are already 50/50, look for Motts for Tots...yellow box, big red apple character on it. It is already mixed so it makes it a little easier. Also, I purchased a powerade once I was through security and drank it on the flight home.

Best of Luck, Hope this Helps!

Lynn

There are coffee pots in the rooms at the hotel so I just made my own broth most of the time.. I did try the hotel's broth and I did not like it, they served it with some limes so I squeezed the juice in it which made it bearable... I guess everyone has their own preferences!!