Another Hotel Question

Hi all...I'm getting banded on the 14th of May and I think I read that OCC covers two nights in the hotel, right? Do we need to make arrangements for my husband for the night(s) that I'm at center? That wasn't really clear. Also, will he be able to get a ride from the hotel to the center the next morning to see me and possibly take me back to the hotel?

What do the traveling companions do; can someone give me some of their experiences please?

:lb12:

Thanks!

Caro

Your package actually includes three nights, so you don't have to worry about your husband the night you are at the center. He will be taken back to the hotel and will just stay in the same room. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Your package actually includes three nights, so you don't have to worry about your husband the night you are at the center. He will be taken back to the hotel and will just stay in the same room. Hope this helps and best of luck!

Great! So are they also taken back to the center or is it close enough to walk to and from?

Thank you Lynna!

Great! So are they also taken back to the center or is it close enough to walk to and from?

Thank you Lynna!

All transporation is included. It might take a few trips to get everyone over to the center, but you will have transportation. I did walk back from the center, but only because I wanted too!

Hi Caro,

My husband and I were picked up from the airport and taken to the Clinic for preop testing and then we were taken to the hotel.

The next morning, Ms. Ortiz picked up the patients first and then returned for the family members. When visiting hours were over (4:30 p.m.), Ms. Ortiz drove the family members back to the hotel.

The day after surgery, Ms. Ortiz brought my husband to the clinic bright and early that morning, and he rode back to the hotel with me in her car.

We needed transportation (via cab) only to go to the restaurant the evening before my surgery and to go shopping (Mall and Revolution Boulevard) after surgery.

We chose to stay one extra night (Thursday-Sunday) so we paid for one night's stay at the hotel. We were taken to the airport on Monday morning.

They make everything easy!

Hi all...I'm getting banded on the 14th of May and I think I read that OCC covers two nights in the hotel, right? Do we need to make arrangements for my husband for the night(s) that I'm at center? That wasn't really clear. Also, will he be able to get a ride from the hotel to the center the next morning to see me and possibly take me back to the hotel?

What do the traveling companions do; can someone give me some of their experiences please?

:lb12:

Thanks!

Caro

Just remember, your husband will probably be the last brought over. When Mrs. ortiz picked us up, she would not bring the family members unless she had time to come back and get them. It is a long walk to the clinic, but the cabs at the hotel are safe. (Just makes sure they call one for you!)

Eventhough the husbands and others are the last to come to the clinic, don't worry it takes a while before anything will be done to you. It seemed like we all waited for hours before being banded. My husband went with me and he was there probably with in 30-45 minutes. I don't think I got banded till late in the afternoon and he stayed till probably 6:00 or so. They will take care of you both, very good.

Thanks everyone. We are both a little nervous about the logistics of everything...let's face it, I'm a control freak and want to know every detail to the letter! :lb12: I really appreciate the info. you all are the best! ><'

Hi Caro,

I'm being banded on the 15th. Hopefully we will meet up. Where are you from?

Oh goodie! ><'

I'm from Portland, Oregon; how about you?

Can't wait to meet you...hopefully the first time you see me I'll be "zipping" around OCC after my surgery telling you how great I feel and not to worry! B)

Thanks everyone. We are both a little nervous about the logistics of everything...let's face it, I'm a control freak and want to know every detail to the letter! :lb12: I really appreciate the info. you all are the best! ><'

Hi everyone I am new here.. I have a question to add on here.. My husband travels alot and wants to know about Tipping the Drivers and stuff.. does anyone know or remember who all they tipped..

This is who we tipped:

1. The driver who picked us up at the airport.

2. The bellhop who carried our bags to our hotel room.

3. The servers in the restaurants.

4. The bellhop who took our luggage from the hotel lobby and loaded it in van for our return to the airport.

5. The driver who returned us to the airport.

6. The airline employee who checked our bags for us outside the airline terminal.

We tipped the servers at the restaurants 15%. With regard to the drivers and bellhops, some people didn't tip at all. Some tipped $1.00 to each person and some tipped $5.00. Plan an extra $20-25 to use for tipping the bellhops and drivers.

Hi everyone I am new here.. I have a question to add on here.. My husband travels alot and wants to know about Tipping the Drivers and stuff.. does anyone know or remember who all they tipped..